Is this a blip any help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had been taking citalopram 25 mg infrequently ( I know stupid) I had get good for the last three years.

My Pdoc upped me to 30 mg for about 7-8 weeks. She then upped me to 40mg which I have been on for 7 weeks today. The last week and a half I haven't felt to well spaced out, lack of motivation, and extremely fatigued. I also take. .5mg of klonopin at night and .25 mg of klonopin in the morning. 

I have an extreme lack of motivation, interest, and excitement.  I def am doing better than I was but I feel like crap. Is this a blip has anyone been through this. She also gave me a script for buspar which I haven't started taking has anyone taken that? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Your infrequently is causing you this drama...mylo mylo..I thought you knew better...you can't take these ssris infrequently...no.no.no.i may sound like your mother ..but IAM right..

• Posted

No no I've been taking rh m frequently since January. I haven't missed a day I'm on 40mg now today is the 7th week on that dose. I was on 30 consistently for 8 weeks but kept having a lot of ups and downs.  

• Posted

Oh.your post says infrequently...ok so your having a blip sometimes they last a week or two....
    • Posted

Should I be getting a blip this far into my journey? This is week 7 on 40 and prior to that I was on 30mg for 8 weeks. Also is it normal to feel completely  flat and unmotivated?  Im def better than I was but thus period I'm going through is tough. Feels like I'm never going to escape it all I want to do is sit in th  couch lol 

• Posted

Seven weeks on forty .is not the 12 weeks recommended.. remembered every time you up is like starting over again..

• Posted

So that is true going up on a dosage is like starting all over again? I don't have symptoms of the panic feeling in my body, or shaking of my hands. I am tired often, and the motivation are the big things.you think the motivation will come back? 

• Posted

I also started cbt this week my next session is Saturday morning. Have you tried buspar? 
    • Posted

Motivation will come back. Try to take the celexa by it self..
    • Posted

I do have my klonopin makes me a little tired after I take it during the day but def knocka the edge off. My psych told me the citalopram should be working already. I def have seen improvements so has my best friend and girlfriend. This past week and a half have just been really rough. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.