is this a flare-up or not IBS related?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've had acid reflux and IBS-C for a few years now after getting food poisoning once. I'm posting because I'm used to my symptoms but I've been having an off stomach since yesterday. Symptoms include diarrhea, stomach pain/cramping, stomach burning, nausea, tired, just overall not feeling 100%. I get diarrhea with my IBS very rarely, but it doesn't make me feel sick like this because I usually just go and it's done. I'm wondering if this could be a flare-up or I just caught a mild bug or something...but I took 2 pills of charcoal over the past 2 days so that should've cleared that up...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel, even though you've done all you can you need to know for your own peace of mind what you have got. Ring and get an emergency doctors appointment. It's the only way you'll find out for sure.

• Posted

No one wants to have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but if you take some preventive measures, you may be able to avoid it. Stress, anxiety, or eating and drinking the wrong things can cause digestive problems. You can find long-term solutions by making some simple changes in how you respond to stress and paying attention to your diet, nutrition, and lifestyle.

Take a look at these seven tips to keep your flare-ups at bay.

Tip 1: Manage Your Stress

Stress-related symptoms—like abdominal pain and bloating—occur more often and more intensely in people with IBS. Managing the stress in your life is important in avoiding flare-ups.

Tip 2: Relax Progressively

Another stress soother is called progressive relaxation, or Jacobson’s relaxation technique. Relaxing the muscles in your body can help alleviate an upset stomach

Tip 3: Try Counseling

Don’t be afraid to seek outside help! In counseling, a psychiatrist helps you beat stress by examining how you respond to life events, and guiding you toward more effective responses.

Tip 4: Think About Biofeedback

Biofeedback is built on the concept of “mind over matter.” During this type of therapy, a machine helps slow your heart rate and reduce muscle tension. It also teaches you how to make these changes yourself.

• Posted

Could be an IBS flare up; IBS symptoms can change over time. I have IBS C but occasionally I get diarrhoea if I am over stressed.

• Posted

IBS = > Its caused due faulty dietary habits which lead to diseases of Gastro intestinal . Sedentary lifestyle and stress adds on to it. As per latest Statistics Gastro intestinal disorders contribute around 50-55% of today cases with or with out combination

Homeopathy has a good track record of treating IBS even in its most advanced stages. Since we treat every disease as a different part of the body, Mostly we get into other symptoms.

What Homeopathy can do

1. It will Improve the blood circulation and Rejuvenate Gastro Intestinal tract
    2. It helps to secrete proper digestive juices and thus helping in improving appetite and avoid indigestion

3.It helps to increases immunity thus preventing from diseases recurrence

3. It will help to improve the Vitals

If you need any clarification, you can reach out to us.

thanks

• Posted

IBS can have many causes and not always diet related. My diet is fine and was not the cause of my IBS; it was entirely stress related with me.

• Posted

Agrees, IBS can be related to any thing . But end of the day it will all end up in GI tract. Let it be stress, Depression . Below are the some of the reasons.

Food habits

Irregular meal timings

Intake of food in indigestion

Intake of food without feeling hungry

Intake of contra-indicated food like fruits & milk, fish & milk etc

Intake of food late night

Excess consumption of water

Eating over-hurriedly

Over fasting

Regular intake of heavy to digest food

Intake of stale food / refrigerated food

Regular intake of spicy, oily, fermented & preserved food

Excess intake of tea , coffee

Habit of sleeping immediately post lunch

Smoking, drinking, excess intake of non-veg food

Holding up natural urges like urine , bowels or vomit and eating

Stress physically/ mentally

Staying awake at night, disturbed sleep

Irregular & sedentary lifestyle

Lack of proper hygiene

Mental causes

Feelings of Stress, fear, sorrow, grief , Anxiety

All the above factors over a period of time develop into GI disorders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.