is this a fungal infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

iimage it is in my groin area not on my vagina at all, i have another simliar rash on the orher side of my groin. It does not look this inflammed anymore, ive been using anti fungal. but i got this rash 2 months ago and it just came back. not sexually active at all. please reassure me its nothing serious my anxiety is off the roof

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also to add i had the same type of rash under my arm. im thinking it spread to my groin through my wash cloth sadly lol

• Posted

could be some kind of dermatitis etc u should visit a doctor to get the correct cream if fungal cream isnt improving it it may require a steroid

• Posted

Has the antifungal cream got Clotrimazole as the active ingredient?

• Posted

yes but i gavent been using that one, should i switch to that one?

• Posted

Its certainly worth a try.As well as using the cream, try washing the area with an anti dandruff shampoo with selenium sulphide as the active ingredient. Wash thoroughly ,leave the shampoo on for a minute or two,and wash off. Dry thoroughly and then rub in the cream. Try to do this before sleeping. Re apply the cream in the morning. You have to be persistent.

If this doesnt clear the patches in 2 weeks, or makes them worse, then its probably not fungal and you must stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.