Is this a herpes blister?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 19 and have has sex two times with two different people (both with a condom). The first time was in september and the second january of the new year. I've given a b*****b 3-4 times (again with the same two guys but no condoms this time). I've  been tested for STIs three times (I get anxious a lot whenever my discharge changes) and everytime I've been negative. However, I found this blister at the end of may and it was painful. It lasted about 5 days before I popped it and from what I can remember, white puss came out. I assumed it was just an ingrown hair. This was during exam season so I was really busy and didn't even think of going to the GP about it but now I'm paranoid that it may have been my first herpes outbreak? Any help is really appreciated because I'm very stressed right now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In my experience, it does not look like herpes...which are usually clear fluid filled blisters that turn into ulcers...

But, a visit to the GP is always a good idea. . could be a sebaceous cyst as well...

Good luck!! smile

And... Good for you for using condoms and being proactive in your sexual health!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! That's calmed me down a bit. Would you recommend getting a blood test (I've read that they can't distinguish between antibodies from hsv1 from a previous cold sore or hsv2 from genital herpes) or waiting to see if another blister pops up and getting that swabbed?

• Posted

I would talk to my healthcare provider...

Why do you feel it's herpes???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.