Is this a herpes cold sore

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been extremely depressed and saddened, I got tested through a blood test and it came back negative however the doctor said the test is not reliable and looks like a cold sore. I went to another clinic that said it doesnt look like a cold sore so ive been getting mixed answers and in extreme anguish with soo much high anxiety that my life is ruined, it does hurt as well please help!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

did either of them swab or do blood work ?!???

could be angular chelitis or thrush ?!?-- i would get tested for peace of mind

• Posted

I did get blood tested it came out negative however the doctor told me the herpes blood tests are extremely inaccurate and unreliable, I asked for a swab test but the nurse said theres "no open lesion" to swab Ive been to 2 diffrent medical facilities, one has said that it is a cold sore and the other has said it isnt a cold sore so im just in distraught as of now wondering if im infected for the rest of my life.

• Posted

looks like normal fordyce spots

• Posted

Im praying that its just that however I do feel burning in this area which is why Im so scared

• Posted

ive been told the opposite -- if you're beyond 3 months since exposure your blood work is extremely accurate

• Posted

what do you think this could be then, im so depressed and still freaking out

• Posted

you think they're foredyce spots too? I didnt know foredyce spots burn as well

• Posted

as per my post above - angular chelitis or thrush

• Posted

i have this same exact issue is there any updates

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.