Is this a Herx reaction

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, Im nearly finishing a 3 week course of doxy. About 2 weeks ago i developed a rash and very very sore toes and thumbs which at the time i put down to sunburn due to photosensitivity. Since then i have been reading that this may be a Herx reaction. My feet are so sore its hard to even walk on them.  If anyone can help that would be great - I've attached a picture.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have a rash you might just be having a reaction to the meds themselves which isn't good, but I just finished 30 days of Doxy and my whole body still hurts. It feels like I can feel every bone, joint, and muscle that hurts. 

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please know you could have these following issues. But, I'm not a doctor. First this could be happening because you are allergic . Second it could be a side effect. Thirdly, it may be possible to ask your doctor in the event your allergic to take benadryl. Also, check your foods. Perhaps eliminating dairy, eggs, and sugars, may help your body fight the lyme off easier. Just ideas. Be blessed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.