Is this a lack of a Vitamin or..?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! This is just a quick question.

I have been getting spots that I never used to get. My forehead is never smooth anymore, and I have small red spots on my chin. My chin is also red most of the time and its really starting to embarass me and reduce my confidence.

I wondered if a lack of a Vitamin could be a contributing factor?

I would upload a photo but for some reason it isn;t letting me.

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you male or female? Age?     Are they only red or do they develop into a white head? Do they itch? Anywhere else on your body?     Do you have a balanced diet? If you can honestly answer yes,then a vitamin deficiency is probably not to blame.
    • Posted

I'm female and aged 19. The spots of my forehead are just red but some of those on my chin do turn to whte heads. Only one or two itch and they're more commonly the white heads, and there are no other spots on my body. I'm averagely happy with my diet, but I don't have the widest intake of fruit or veg and I do wish I had a better intake of more 'healthy' foods.
  • Posted

Sounds like regular acne. Common in teenagers and doesnt always show early in your teenage years. Its all to do with your changing hormones.   Please dont finger or squeeze however much you are tempted, this will only spread any infection. It may also cause scarring. Keep your hands well away from your face. Try to do without make up as much as possible.  I'm guessing you may have noticed your hair getting greasy as well.     Wash your face in the shower,dont use a flannel. Try out the face washes for spots and rinse thoroughly in the shower. You may need to try out sevearal before finding one that suits you best and some are very drying.Try to keep a small towel just for your face.         Some girls find the contraceptive pill helps to clear up spots by regulating the hormones but that may not be something you want to take.     If it gets really bothersome do see your doctor who may refer you to a dermatologist.      I know this is a debatable issue but chocolate can really be awful for encouraging spots so try to keep off it.    
    • Posted

Yeah I stopped squeezing them a few months ago as I'm left with some scars now. I never wear make-up anyways which I love, and I always have my hair up away from my face. I would shower but I on't have on haha, I have my own set of flannels. I'm on a contraceptive pill but I haven't noticed that it makes things better or worse so I'm not too bothered about that. I make my own face scrub with honey and cinnamon which I use once a week, but I also think my skin is becoming dry so I've started using a Simply 'spot fighting' moisturiser so I'll see how that works. In regards to chocolate, I have cut it right down and I have cut out sugar in a fair few things. smile

Thanks ever so much for good advise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.