Is this a normal eardrum?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had trouble with my right ear for some time.

Last year, I believe it was infected at two or three occasions. However, these infections resolved within a few days.

After experiencing a sense a fullness in the ear, as well as a pulsating sound, I had the ear checked out. It turned out that I had impacted earwax, which I tried to remove using a non-prescription kit containing an oil spray and a device to rinse the ear.

I managed to get some wax out, but I still have trouble with the pulsating sound and the sense of fullness in the ear. I have also noticed that I hear slightly different pitches with the left and the right ear. This causes ordinary sounds to sound dissonant. I don't think I had this problem prior to trying to remove the earwax.

I recently got an ear camera in order to try to figure out what was going on. The first and the second picture below show my right ear, and the last picture shows my left ear. Clearly, there is no impacted earwax in my right ear, so that could not explain my symptoms. However, the eardrum looks a bit strange to me. Specifically, the pink part in the middle looks either like some kind of damage to the eardrum or some kind of growth. The right eardrum looks quite different from the left which, to my untrained eye, appears healthy.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!

imageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.