Is this a parasite? I forced "something" to burst out of a dark blister (picture link)

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's been a while since I had this blister on my left elbow, around 2 months since I noticed it. It's color was dark like when skin is bruised but a bit darker. I tried to pop it when I noticed but nothing. It was discomforting to the touch but nothing else, and ignored it most of the time until today.

Before it popped today, every other day I felt kinda weird, mostly in the chest area. Abnormal heart beats, upper part of nose pressure, where blood flows or near, I'm not sure, but no nausea. Maybe short on breath but never felt weak when at work. Mainly, a lot of times I felt like I had low blood pressure and felt slightly lightheaded but nothing serious, and a weird feeling from the arm to the cheek as if losing sensibility.

Today doing some chores I felt the blister burning, I check it out and there's something hanging out of it, looked like a tiny wood splinter. I pull it out with my fingers and looking closely it resembled like a leg maybe, the form of a scythe. A few drops of blood later and a lot of pressure I feel a heavy pop. Something spheric and a lot thicker than blood starts to emerge and I manage to pull it out with some brow pliers I had around.

Was this a parasite? Am I at risk? I'm on a budget right now so I'd like to be sure before doing blood tests and everything else

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.