Is this a prolapse???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an appt (in another month) to be evaluated.... but hoping for some insight....I honestly haven't looked at myself much since having my child (over 5 years ago) be cause I knew nothing down there would ever look the same 😫 I've noticed from time to time what seems to ME to feel/look like a bulge whenever I'm sitting on the toilet. I've just brushed it off for a couple years, telling myself "this is just how things start looking after you have kids". More recently I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wrong.... and if this is actually a type of prolapse?? Unfortunately the internet doesn't provide very helpful images. Hoping someone here can give me input..... 🤞🤞🤞

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

this looks the same as mine hopefully someone can give us both some advice

• Posted

don't worry just let me know your bmi

if i am not wrong sims position and lithotomy position should give you peace of mind

• Edited

u r good,

forgot to ask age? many things are acceptable with age, ask any professional in field they will say same

how does it look while coughing, can you try to contract it or push it?

get a pelvic exam done by nearby

• Edited

Just a heads up for anyone browsing through posts and looking for answers, I went to my provider who did confirm that this is a rectocele/posterior prolapse. Good luck everyone!

• Posted

hey thanks for the update. I'm pretty sure I have the same. What is the treatment plan if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

i am glad you had pe/be done

there is no substitute for physical examination.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.