Is this a prolapse?? Help??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Is this a prolapse.. I have no symptoms typical with one but I understand you don't need to have symptoms. I have had children but wanting to try again but feel this may hinder me as if I'm honest I have no idea what part of my anatomy it is!

Really worried but can't get into a gp understandably.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i want to say it is a prolapse.

I have one as well, after only having one child. you can still have kids but if you want surgery to fix it, it needs to be after youre done with children . i want at least one more.

• Edited

I would not like to say because everybodies bits look different but when I had mine there was a sort of bulge visible. It freaks you out I know ! Does it affect your bladder and bowel function? That is what I noticed first with mine. The first time it was the bowel wall bulging in to vaginal wall and the second time it was the bladder wall so I have had it done twice. i am now waiting to get a third one done but it is not too bad to cope with so leaving it until gets worse. The thing I noticed first was going for a wee-thinking I had finished-getting downstairs and realising I needed to go again-very annoying. You could maybe have a phone call appointment with GP. A friend of mine had a sore eye and GP looked at it on facetime so maybe you could send them the photo after you have spoken to them. Even if you are referred to Uro gynaecologist it will take a while for appointment to come through. Good Luck and hope you can sort it out

• Edited

hi, if you are not having symptoms such as bowel problems or urinary problems or feeling discomfort then they wont do anything to resolve it yet. it wont stop you getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy but will increase a prolapse after giving birth, due to increased pressure from carrying a child and also pushing during the birth itself. My advice is to keep doing pelvic floor exercises daily...10 repeats three times a day. IF its the beginning of a mild prolapse, you could manage this yourself for years before it needs surgical intervention. Also the GP could insert a ring pessary if it starts to become symptomatic. These get refitted every 3 months and is painless. . SURGERY is only done when it becomes stage 3-4 (mod-severe) and is affecting functions of bladder/bowel.

My situation is had mild grade 2 managed with ring pessary for 3 years, then referred back to gynae when it worstened. had surgery for anterior and posterior repair which failed! had intensive physio for 3 months to try to improve symptoms but then struggled for another 3 yrs ( got breast cancer so that took precedent) finally got referred back for gynae, did hysterectomy as prolapse now grade 4. unfortunately, complications from that so now in far worse state than before the op...scar tissue and adhesions mean cant have sex anymore ( devastated) please dont go down surgery route until its a last resort.

• Posted

that is NOT true...I had an anterior and posterior prolapse repair at 23 years old and mine was a grade 2 but my surgery failed and I have a grade 2 again and I'm about to have anyone surgery and I just turned 24 in the end of April....

• Posted

Thank you..

I'm not getting any symptoms, no bladder or bowel issues, to be honest I couldn't tell you how long I've had it but its obviously become a worry now we're thinking about conceiving.

I will try and call the GP and see what they say.

I'll continue with the pelvic floor exercises, which I admittedly didn't do many of after childbirth so I guess it's my own doing!

Thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.