Is this a prolapse? Or something else? Or normal?! I have no idea!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my second child in january and since then i feel like something is different which could just be down to having two kids i know!

my symptoms are lower abdomen cramps regularly, some lower back pain, sometimes feel like i havent totally emptied my bowel, and lots of clear snot like discharge. Back pain and abdomen pain seem to ease if i lay down.

Sex isnt painful however my husband has mentioned it feels tighter than before.

Is it a prolapse and if it is what do i do?!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

It looks like cystocele and rectocele which is the bladder and rectum has dropped into the vaginal walls! I have cystocele! I would schedule a appointment with your OB then get a referral for an urogynecologist or Pelvic floor physical therapy. Hope this helped!

• Edited

It could just be vaginal walls, a pelvic floor physiotherapist would need to do an internal examination to check. The thing is that mild prolapses can look similar to just how vaginal walls can look after birth so no one on here can say yes or no. It may not be anything. After birth, you can have less hymen around the edge of the vagina which makes the internal walls more visible. It looks like you don't have much hymen left so could just be because of that. Either way there is a lot you can do for mild cystoceles and rectoceles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.