Is this a sign of ibs? Or something serious?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering if having abdominal pain, such as cramping, leading to bloating (mostly at night) to burning sensation and feeling of uncomfortability of feeling like something is inside and is going to strike again, is a sign of ibs? Or chroma disease or any disease similar?

It's just weird, as most people say IBS usually comes and goes in a few months, well mine hasn't STOPED! so now I'm starting to think it might be something more serious. ATM It doesn't feel too bad, but it still kind of feels odd, and I'm just wondering will my stomach ever go back to how it felt for atleast a few months? Like seriously, it hasn't felt normal once. The pain is literally EVERY SECOND EVERYDAY.

A few weeks agin it was the best time, as it actually felt normal, then came back slowly, and that is was because of the laxatives and constipation, now I have NO CLUE how to get that pain to be controlled, I know diet etc, but will diet actually make my stomach feel as normal again is my main question

WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR MY ABDOMEN TO GET BACK TO NORMAL PLEASE! IM SICK OF THE ODD FEELING AND PAIN NOT STOPPING AND GOING AWAY! IM SICK OF NOT FINDING A SOLUTION! ITS ACTUALLY HARD WORK NOW ARGHHHH

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had constant IBS symptoms for three and a half monrhs before diagnosis because I was panicking about not getting answers.  Once I found out I had IBS, my symptoms got a lot better.  Anxiety makes IBS a lot worse.  Perhaps ask your doctor for help to control your anxiety.  This is the key to managing your IBS. 
    • Posted

Are there any related signs or symptoms to anxiety? Because I'm not sure if I'm that stressed but idk, may be school work etc that I didn't notice

• Posted

Health anxiety is a common one with IBS, having OCD can cause anxiety and the pressure of school work and exams can also trigger stress sometimes without knowing it. 
  • Posted

Jonathan, I've responded to this question under your other thread.

• Posted

Yes I believe so, but this is a new thread to explain further

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.