Is this a stroke? Losing my mind....

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was working on my truck yesterday evening, trying to prop myself up to get at a part when I got a sudden rush of dizziness that lasted all of a few seconds. I felt a bit better after, but this morning I felt very dizzy and off balance, but I could still feel my face, could still smile and I could move my limbs. I'm still feeling it a bit, but it gets worse when I look down. I'm 26 years old, 175 lbs and have been diagnosed with GAD and I had been stressed out and only got a few hours of sleep the previous night. If it's not a stroke, what else could cause this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was laying down trying to prop myself up, and in the morning I felt a pulsing feeling at the base of my skull, along with mild numbness
  • Posted

I don't think that's a stroke no 

one side of your face would be numb 

• Posted

I don't think so either, still going to talk to a doctor about this.

• Posted

It could be a drop in blood pressure for a few moments.  I would get dizzy when I got up, or sat up sometimes, and it was related to my blood pressure.  The symptoms went away fairly quickly, once my blood pressure went back up.  But definitely talk with your doctor, as it could be something else, too.  Best of luck to you!
    • Posted

Thanks. The symptoms of dizziness have stuck with me for a couple days now. I'm thinking it's cervical vertigo but I'm hoping to find that out when I visit my doctor.

• Posted

Does not sound like a stroke to me, my husband had one started with tingling in his arm, down to his fingers them numb feeling, when he tried to talk you could not understand him, then his mouth started drawing to one side, I had him at ER with in 30 mi, they told me I go him there just in time, he is back to normal now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.