Is this a symptom from lamictal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in my early twenties and have taken lamictal since I was six. been experiencing pins and needles also sweating in my hands. In only on 100 mg of lamictal. Are these problems related to lamictal. I have been experiencing this for almost a month now.

Please help.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becca, I've been on 300mg of lamictal for just over 15years and not experienced any of those symptoms. Worth having a read of the side affects!! 😊

• Posted

I have been doing research for almost a month. I find things like this related to going off of lamictal. But I'm not going off it I always take the same amount I'm sapost to take.

• Posted

Mmm strange, I also take 3000mg per day of keppra along side lamictal so maybe that helps me with the side effects of lamictal. I have been diagnosed with petite mal epilepsy. Also bear in mind we all react different to meds. You may need to talk to your doctor see if he recommends adding something else or coming off lamictal and trying something else? 😌

• Posted

I took lamotrigine alone and never had nerve pain. Now I’m a combo of lamotrigine and levetiracetam E.R. and have never had nerve pain from meds. You may want to be checked out for a condition known as Carpel tunnel syndrome caused by compression of the nerve that passes into the hand. It can be caused by the stress of repetitive wrist movement. I use to work in construction and used a hammer daily and developed carpel tunnel syndrome. The condition use to wake me up at night with an intense pain with the feeling of pins and needles in my hand. It started out in the right hand but my left hand also developed it. Since I’ve retired, it rarely affects me although I had a couple problems last week during the night. People using the repetitive motion of a keyboard, cash register… can also have it. It can also be caused by medical conditions like diabetes, the thyroid, etc. My Dr did a nerve conduction test to diagnosis I had it. 
    • Posted

I looked into carpel tunnel syndrome a while ago. I didn't find anything about the pins and needles affecting place other than your hands. Last time I experienced it I had it move throughout my entire body.

• Posted

I don't think it's diebities because I had this only once before and then it went away and I didn't experience it for years.

• Posted

So I had a doctor's appointment. So far we think it is not realated to my lamotragine. We think it's migraine related because of all the symptoms I have been having line up with migraines and migraines run in the family. I got some blood work done and am waiting for results to just make sure it's not caused by anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.