Is this a symptom of chostocondritis/tietzes syndrome?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering from what my doctor believes to be inflammation of the cartilage in my ribcage (costochondritis/Tietze's syndrome). I have had repeating episodes lasting 2-4 days for a year every month now. Listed below are my symptoms which match these diseases:

- Chest pain (Ranges from mild to severe)

- Shortness of breath

- Aches and pains (severe pain in my middle back, abdominal pain, arms and legs, occasional shooting pains in my wrist and finger joints) 

- Overall feeling of weakness

- Fatigue

However, one thing that the doctors seemed to brush off and ignore was that when I do get episodes, almost always if I'm not under a blanket with a hot water bottle I will feel extremely cold. For example the last severe one I had, as I went to leave to go to the toilet I started feeling so cold my teeth were chattering and I was violently shivering. After a while, I looked at my hands which were paler than they usually were and my fingertips and fingers were starting to go white/blue (cyanosis). I have not seen this symptom with people who have costochondritis and was wondering if anybody experienced the same thing. It is not pneumonia, as I get this with my costo episodes. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Costo and fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue or ME go hand in hand. These have a wide range of symptoms that docs may not be familiar with. Would be worth asking your doctor about these. On such symptom is inability to control temperature.

I had chills when my costo started, and I also can't tolerate high temperatures eg hot shower. Who would have thought!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.