Is this a UTI? Or did it go away?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 20 year old female, and I'm debating getting checked out by my doctor or waiting it out a little longer. About 6 days ago I had a frequent urge to go pee and many times not much would come out, and along with the frequent urge my pee was also cloudy but not smelly. Then a little while later I started to get the pain with the peeing, not really a burning or stinging sensation but it just hurt internally right around the bottom of my bladder. That pain lasted a couple days with also a kind of sharper pain in my lower back on the right side. But that pain also went away after a day and I was only left with foggy pee and still a little urge to urinate. Then just a couple days ago I peed and when I wiped there was a little tint of pink which I assume would be an indication of blood in the urine. I'm on the birth control shot and it stops my period, so I know it is likely not mensruation blood. But the actual pee in the bowl was still yellow and it only happened that once. Now I have no pain when i urinate, no foggy pee, no blood, no lower back pain, I only have an achy cramp-like pain in my lower left abdomen. It's like all the symptoms of UTI went away and I'm left with some pressure in my left side. I notice it more when I breathe in hard cause then it hurts a little bit. So I'm not sure if I should just let it go a little longer and see if it goes away or if I should go get tested just in case so there's no possibility of it getting worse.

Some additional info:

About a little over a month ago I had a bad cold and had frequent urges to go to the bathroom because I was having diarrhea. And it came with extreme abdominal pain and I would have to sit there and shake my leg until the pain went away, the pain would tend to pass after I went poop or passed gas. I lost a bunch of weight also. It all went away after a couple of weeks and I was back to normal. I never went to the doc then either, so that's partly why I'm debating sticking out this pain too.

Also a few days ago I was checking with a mirror to see if all was good that I could physically see, and I noticed that my vaginal mucus was a milky white color which seemed a little odd to me. I had a really tough yeast infection back in August, I believe it was, so it just made me think of that also. But the vaginal mucus isn't like the cottage cheese texture and isn't smelly, it was just milky which got me thinking that that's why my pee was cloudy and not a UTI. I haven't noticed anymore of the milky white discharge since then either.

I am also sexually active but havent had sex in over a week. And I also eat very good, meats, fruit, vegetables, carbs, been drinking lots of water, lots of milk, orange juice, etc.

So I don't know what to do now. I'm a little puzzled, and don't know if I should see if my body will take care of the pain and everything will go away, or if I should tell this all to my doc and have him run some tests on my pee or check for yeast infections or anything. Or if it's something else all together too, I really don't know.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this, thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anything that resembles blood in your urine if it's not menstrual blood needs to be checked out, please don't put it off any longer.

• Posted

Thanks, I ended up going to get checked just to be safe, and sure enough there was still a UTI in there. Thanks for replying to my post
  • Posted

I would ask the doctor.  The weight loss isn’t normal unless You were intentionally trying to lose weight.  Sounds like there’s still an infection 
    • Posted

Yep you were right. I didn't mention any of the past sickness from a month ago (the weightloss stuff) just cause it went away. Weightloss is normal when I'm sick, I usually lose 5 pounds but that time I had lost like 7 or 8 pounds which was unsettling because I'm already pretty light.

But anyway I did go to the doc and have my urine checked and he said it's just a common UTI as I suspected. It was a small amount that was found but he still gave me the antibiotics for it. Thanks for replying to my post by the way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.