Is this a wart?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had this on the nose of my bridge for probably more than 10 years now, since i was a child it just appeared. I've had warts on my chin that have been affected by treatments but nothing ever works for this thing except to leave me with a dark scar. I simply cannot find what this is and i would appreciate any information, thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It may be a lipoma...ie just a collection of fatty cells under the skin. Cant be removed by any "over the counter" treatments. A doctor can do it though. Not harmful at all.

• Posted

I did think that it could probably just fatty tissue as well since it hasn't caused me any problems. I was only concerned with the looks of it since it always has this line in the middle and its not just a bulge and i wasn't able to ever find anything similar to it on the internet, but thank you for the answer!

• Posted

If it should change in any way then you must see a doctor about it. If you are in UK no GP will mind having a look at it for a definite diagnosis. If you are lucky you may get referred to have it removed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.