Is this a yeast infection??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a yeast infection than bv and now think i have another one after the bv treatment. not a lot ot itching or burning only occasional itches or pain also no pain whole peeing but i have been having some pains in my stomach and sides. there is however a sort of sour smell but not fishy like it smelt with my bv. it also seems very red around my vagina and theres alot of white bumps all around it big and small but doctor said she thought they looked normal. scared i might have herpes with only slight symptoms no sores, im going to do a blood test soon to check for other things because i was negative for gonorrhea and chlamydia but heard the blood testsfor herpes aren't very accurate.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

have you had any recent sexual activity to make you think youve contracted herpes ?

• Posted

discharge alone is not enough of a sign to assume herpes. i suspect bv or the yeast infection

• Posted

yea the only reason i believe something like herpes or maybe syphilis is because i had unprotected sex with a guy that was kind of shady i guess and after we did stuff he came back positive for chlamydia but i didnt which i thought was odd because he didnt do anything with anyone after me. I also got really sick after the sexual encounter with huge swollen lymph nodes and fever, had to go to the hospital for it but all the mouth swabs came back negative and they never found out what i had. I was scared I could have syphilis because i got a rash all over my body when i was out of the hospital but i think it could have been an amoxicillin rash since i was on two different amoxicillin's. I'm going to do blood work soon though so I'll see, i just heard alot if people have herpes without knowing it and the tests arent very accurate if you dont have sores.

• Posted

i see. well im sure its most likely the bv. kim is very right in that they can recur often. definitely get tested for herpes anyway. Depending on how long it's been since the sex. Don't test prematurely. Give at least 4 weeks since the possible exposure for a more accurate test

• Posted

Thank you! It's been about 3 months since the exposure

• Posted

No prob! And yeah Thats plenty of time for accuracy.

• Posted

some doctors wont even consider testing unless there are visible symptoms or sores for herpes id say if u treated for yeast first then bv the chances are yeast is back again as metronidiazole and other antibiotics and over the counter treatments for bv are known for causing yeast infections

• Posted

sometimes it can be a vicious circle u treat bv yeast comes back u treat the yeast bv comes back and it goes on like that sometimes it can take years to get rid of bv

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.