Is this a yeast infection?

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive had what i think is a yeast infection for almost a month now i have had them before when i was having sex with my boyfriend all the time and i hadnt seen him in a long time then he came back and i got one again it itches and burns its swollen red and i think theres bumps my skin is also very dry and i cant tell if theres bumps under the flakey skin or not and theres a thick white discharge when i first got symptoms i assumed it was a yeast infection and used monistat it was very bad and it made it better but it didnt completely go away i got my period and it went away then cane back when i got off it hasnt gone away since and its causing my vagina to crack im very worried and this has made my anxiety sky rocket could this be something else i havent been able to go to a doctor because of corona

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it could just be a persistent yeast infection sometimes treatment doesnt clear them

• Posted

yea i woke up this morning and it was worse as far as discharge i cant really tell if theres a smell because my nose is always clogged up i got mono like 9 years ago so i do have a weakened immune system and thats probably why its so hard for me to get rid of it im hoping to go to the doctor soon

• Posted

all the obgyns are booked for another month im going to the hospital cause im tired of being in pain and idc about corona anymore hopefully they can help me i will tell you what they say

• Posted

it was very bad they gave me a perscription and i feel liek the discharge has gotten better but its still drt and flakey i replied to someone else with some pictures of what it looks like im concerned it might be an std and a yeast infection im praying its not because they didnt do an std panel i just want to know if this is normal or not because i am highkey freaking out

• Posted

often yeast infections can go during periods too so thats an indicator it is thrush, it might be a resistant strain or chronic thrush, the monistat may just not have cleared it up.

• Posted

yea i used to get them from taking baths i took one like a week ago and i think that made it worse the doctors said it was a yeast infection but now its doing this! im not sure if this is normal or if it could be a yeast infection and something else they gave me a dicflunazol or whatever tf its called it feels like its gotten better except for this image

• Posted

looks like a yeast infection ! i have the exact same thing, i think it was caused my an allergic reaction to a new soap. i took benedryl yesterday and now its almost completely gone

• Edited

• Posted

i dont really see anything wrong in that picture except the redness. thrush can cause really dry skin, do you wash your vagina with an emollient in the shower? they are really benefecial to moosturizing the vagina withoit changing the PH balance. the redness could just still be from the thrush and may take a couple days to go down- thrush causes redness and swolleness. i think Just wait to see if the symptoms die down, dont be overly touching or stretching the skin etc. if ur symptoms are getting a bit better with thrush then that is a good indicator!

• Posted

yea i did some research im probably gonna go get something to help with the dryness is there anything you suggest

• Posted

i would suggest an emollient shower cream for washing with and im not sure maybe do some googling

• Posted

so ive been leaving it alone the doctor gave me a 2 week prescription of diflucan but i still have bumps and its still kind if irritates i think i might have an std to but im really not sure

• Posted

has it been feeling any better since 2 week prescrip? do u have a picture of these bumps? have these bumps gone away and come back of been persistent? do u still have weird discharge, itching, pain ? ang of those symptoms? or just the dryness?

• Posted

i have pretty much have all the symptoms still just not as bad but my boyfriend said he got red bumps on his dick so im thinking it might be an std the doctor said i had a yeast infection tho so idk

• Posted

it depends. perhaps you should get a blood test just in case but im not sure if your symptoms are not clesring up it is probablt sometbing else. have u been tested for any stds?

• Posted

i was tested a long time ago when i first got put on birth control ive had many sex partners since then gonna get tested just incase

• Posted

yh get tested for all you should do it after each partner anyway (chalmydia and gonorrhea at least)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.