Is this a yeast infection? White skin around vagina? *Picture*

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, 19 year old girl here.

I have struggled with vaginal irritation for a few years now, but recently just got checked and was told I have "no bv or yeast infection" inside the vagina and everything seemed "happy and healthy." 

She said I could have an external yeast infection, or simply just irritation when it comes to sweating/exercise/my period changing the balance of things down there. 

Anyway that was about 2 months ago and I just recently began looking at my vagina in a mirror......and everything is normal, until below my urethra where the skin surrounding the vagina is white and irritated! 

It looks like someone brutally attacked my vagina. Should this skin surrounding my opening even be there? Why is it white? I know it's the skin because even when I wipe it/wash the whiteness doesn't go away. I can still put a finger up my vagina without unusual discomfort.

I do have occasional white discharge but it doesn't smell bad and isn't clumpy. The inside of my vagina might also be white (or at least the very edge of it from what I can see) 

Is this yeast? Lichen sclerosis? Something else? Cancer? Any advice would be appreciated. When I google this "whiteness around vaginal opening" nothing really pops up. 

I am a virgin also. Could this whiteness be caused by burning myself down there from using Apple Cider Vinegar in the past? Is that a possible explanation? 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.