Is this abnormal period?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am in my mid 30's . In my younger days my period is usually normal and last a week. I am not married yet or not pregnant. Now a days for the past few months especially first 3 days i realize that my periods are now heavier. Especially when i have periods, can feel so much pressure and i can feel blood oozing out. i get headaches, first few days i have clots. During this time i feel weak. last month & the previous month when at home i felt faint and blood dripped onto my leg but luckily i was near a table. during those times after blood dripped i felt confuse .

Is it normal to feel this way.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Stephanie

The real question is whether this is normal for you, and you've already answered that: No, it isn't. It is a change from how all your periods have been before now. If I were you, i'd go see my gynecologist.

• Posted

I went to see a doctor before I was told nothing but experience heavy flow again last month that I hate standing up. My pad was full of blood. had to wear another pad that's big. Felt faint when I was standing up as well but luckily it went away.

• Posted

Do you have a gynecologist you can call? If not, call your regular doctor. This is a change & you need some help. Also, you may have to double up on pads and tampons, and practice standing up slowly so that it is a habit when your period comes. If you fall and hit your head, everything will be much worse.

i know that no one wants to go to doctor's offices right now, but you should at least call them. If they want you to go in, ask if anyone on staff has had the virus. Chances are that the answer is no. Wear a mask, or double up & wear 2 masks.

• Edited

I don't have a gynae I can call. I felt I had to double up on pads. That's true. I guess I have to practice slowly standing up. Not use to this. But yup went I had heavy flow can just feel so much pressure. When standing I felt light headed. I wish i don't have to go through this.

• Posted

How i wish you didn't have to go through it, too. But this is a change and you need to be talking to the pros about it.

• Posted

I went to another doctor recently. They think what I have is normal. I described the situation to them but told me to monitor. But lately I noticed a day before my heavy period comes my body feels tired, weak and faint. Also , when I pee into the bowl all is dark red. feel like so much blood is coming out from me.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

I haven't been getting notices so I didn't know you'd posted this a month ago.

The bloody urine: i assume that's happening when it's not your period? You must make note of that/write it down with date & time when it happens, and call that doctor back. Or go see him or her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.