is this all anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i’ve always had anxiety all my life but this is something else, for the past year and a half my anxiety is so crazy i feel like it’s actually killing me like literally dying seriously, the symptoms i’m experiencing are actually crazy! obviously all the usual ones like muscle ticks, spasms, ibs, joint pains tingly hands and feet, headaches, nausea, palpitations, heart fluttering, skipping beats etc etc. sometimes my heart beats fast then other times slow then other times a mixture then other times feels feint then hard! i am currently obsessing over my

heart too by the way constantly checking my pulse and fearing i am gonna die suddenly of cardiac arrest! it’s affecting me at the gym, it’s affecting me at work, is affecting my relationships, i do have ocd i know i do but this obsession feels by far the worse and real i honestly feel like i’m gonna die of a heart attack my heart feels weird! sometimes in bed when i’m drifting to sleep i feel like i’m

just gonna die! how do i know it’s not a heart condition and is not anxiety? i had had blood tests, urine test, stool sample, ekg and 24 hour ekg, been to doctors numerous times and the tests have all come back normal! however why does my heart beat feel so weird and changes all the time is this normal with anxiety? it makes my

heart obsession so much worse! i will constantly be checking my pulse and heart rate and if it feels different i instantly panic and think i’m gonna die and feel weak dizzy light headed sick and just a real feeling that i’m gonna just die! how can i get out of this and get my life back? 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jak, you ask the million dollar question, how can I stop this feeling, how can I get my life back and how can I except that all these horrendous sensation/symptoms. If I knew the answer I would be a millionaire LOL I promise you that all the symptoms your experiencing are "normal" for anyone suffering with GAD, generalised anxiety disorder, the reason I put that is because a panic attack only lasts a while and will then ease of, GAD is ongoing, it can last a day a week or all year, what you need to do is become accepting that your heart reacts to your state of mind, the more you stress about it because you can feel it the more it will do it.

You are experiencing all the classic symptoms you just can't get your brain to except that it's ok and your not going to keel over at the gym or anywhere else, you have done the right thing by having all the tests and now you need to get on with your life, as soon as you do that your life will change, I'm not going to lie to you and say that your heart will go into behave mode because it want, a perfectly healthy heart will have hiccups but "normal" people don't even notice it because they are not fixated on it, you are, I hope you can overcome it because it will cause you to not have a life worth living, you take care and God bless you

• Posted

thank you for your reply!

feel down i know it’s in my head but it’s always that what if what if or what if the tests have missed something! if i didn’t get these strange symptoms i woudnt be worrying about it, they are the problem i get the thought i get the mad

symptoms then i get the ultimate fear one big cycle. so basically i should just accept everything, accept the thoughts and the feelings and eventually it will go? 

• Posted

That was that best response I’ve ever seen your really a great person 🙏🏽

• Posted

Bro I’m going thru the same symptoms as you are bro your not alone 🙏🏽

• Posted

Thank you, that's a really kind observation, I would so like to be able to make anxiety/panic etc be a thing of the past but if we can't do that we need to use our own experience to help others maybe get over it better than we were able to do.

Having technology can be a bad thing but I believe it can actually be a good talking therapy.

Hope you are having a good day.

• Posted

If you had replied that to me maybe 40+ years ago I might have questioned the medical tests, it would have consisted of your doctor listening to your heart with a stethoscope and maybe taking your BP, not now, one of the best test for heart is ECG and sometimes even that can be wrong but not in a person with a heart defect showing clear but anxiety can show irregularities, mostly harmless.

I'm not saying your symptoms are not real, they are, it's the cause that's the not real part, your actually creating the symptoms with your fear, have you had any CBT, can you visit your GP

• Posted

Also an excellent site to visit is nomorepanic, check it out it's very informative and can be extremely supportive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.