Is this an anal fissure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, i apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm not sure where else to go.

I have issues passing stool and have had strain while pooping. Recently I've noticed a little blood, pain and itchiness. not sure where to go from here

Anyway, here's a photo of my butthole at the moment. Also please ignore the toilet paper I took this on the toilet and did get it off but this was the only decent photo i got. thank you

https://imgur.com/a/VsgKsoX

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The link did not take me to the picture but even if it did I'm not an expert and probably could not make a diagnosis. Your best bet is to get in to see a doctor so they can help you with a treatment plan that will start the healing process. In the meantime, I'll share some things that I have shared with others on this forum, that have helped me. Although, I cannot guarantee that it will help you. First, drink lots and lots of water and then drink more! Try adding more high fiber foods to your diet and less junk foods. Psyllium husk powder can also help you get the fiber that your body needs. Maybe try magnesium tablets to soften the stool. I take 1 - 3 every night depending on how my body responded that day and then I adjust accordingly. For me, I personally prefer Country Life Chelated Magnesium tablets. I recently got a bidet toilet seat which has been super helpful since I am wiping less. I also try to use witch hazel wipes instead of toilet paper. Sitz baths or soaking in the bathtub with epson salt before and right after a BM can be helpful. Some topical treatments that might help are RectiCare Lidocaine Cream, zinc oxide, Calmoseptine, and coconut oil. Anything with zinc seems to help me manage the pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.