Is this an anxiety symptom?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am really really struggling with health anxiety st the moment to the point that I'm having to move back home to my parents and im turning up to a&e every 5 mins thinking something wrong with me and it's crippling me. I can't count how many times I've been to a&e and have sat in the waiting room going through of what worst news they can tell me which would be cancer. I thought having BPD was bad and having suicide idealisation and the rest that comes with it but since having therapy I know how to manage it but have gone the total opposite I'm afraid of death. I don't want to die. I've seen How beautiful life is. I want to live.its like I'm fighting to live after all these years I've took life for granted. Now I'm at the point I want to live I feel like it's gonna be taken from under my feet. I don't want my girl to be without a mum. .

I've had a Fbc, thyroid, kidney, liver, potassium, sodium levels, oxygen through my colon blood test, serveral ECGs, a blood test on my heart, blood pressure - standing and sitting. temp, my urine checked, a chest X-ray. Would of they have found something by now?

I'll get to the point now just wanted to get it al out but since this I've been feeling full anytime I eat and feel sick to my stomach. I've always had a healthy appetite even when the worst things in the world have happened to me. Can't work out if this is an actual physicial effect or anxiety like as soon as i put something in my mouth I want to vomit. I have 0 appetite. I have pain in my upper stomach. Like Gastro symptoms. I was given anti nausea tabs but haven't worked. I'm 100% convinced I have either overain cancer or cervical. I really believe it. I really don't want my Pap smear. I'm to scared sad

List of my symptoms.

Clammy hands

Sweaty feet

Loss of Weight (so frustrating I want to put on weight)

0 appetite (Gastro symptoms) pains under my ribs

Nausea

Sweaty feet - like my feet are soaking

Shooting pains through my nerves (that's all I can describe it as)

Shivering, chills

Cold easily

Waking up in a sweat in the night

Tired

I'm so scared sad

I don't have a life anymore. I'm not myself at all. I've isolated myself. I can't do this on my own sad I have a young child and I want to enjoy her. I want to get on with my life she's already lost her dad.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Oh yeah all they've found is a Vit b12 was at 192 and are monitoring it, a bit of low blood pressure but that was only today after another trip to a&e and a water infection that they couldn't confirm but gp checked again and was no infection.

• Posted

Oh Emma, I really do feel for you so much.  I really do think you need some therapy. Your symptons sound like acute anxiety attacks. I was in the same place as you a year ago and I am still having therapy which has helped me enormously plus I am on antidepressants, which has been an enormous help.  You mentioned that your daughter has already lost her dad and now you nthink she is going to lose you. Have you talked to your GP about how you are feeling. They can refer you as an urgent case.

You are going to be fine. I am not surprised you can't eat.  I lost so much weight and I coudn't go to work for 5 months.  You se not on your own feeling like this. Please get some help.

Lots of lUCK AND LOVE

Ann

• Posted

I did have psychotherapy for two years. Finished two months ago and then I got my daughter back full time and that's when I developed health anxiety and panic attacks. I'm signing up to a new gp this week as I'm moving back to my folks so will make an appointment.

• Posted

Try DBT therapy. DBT is a modified form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT),  to treat people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and chronically suicidal individuals. it works better then standard cbt. You just need the right therpaist and therapy to get this managed.
    • Posted

I had psychotherapy for BPD for two years. I would say I don't meet the criteria now but I also know I'll never be cured but better than I was. I've just developed a new problem.

They said that there's a massive waiting list for Cbt and DBT is not out there much.

• Posted

Emma Have you had your thyroid hormones and antibodies checked
    • Posted

I've had my thyroid checked and not sure about antibodies.

• Posted

Since your blood tests were through and your other tests tested for pretty much everything I could think of and more....you are ok

Your symptoms are all in line with mine when I was at my worst. You likely have a major anxiety disorder and require therapy. GP won't cut it. You need to bereferred to a psychiatrist and then you need to trust that psychiatrist and be patient with the therapy. I was in therapy for 12 years, only because the first patch of about 5 years I was improperly dosed by GP and some poor psychiatrists. My last doctor upped dosage promptly and got me right back on track. I did 8 years in total of which the last 2 were for tapering off the medication. I am now drug and symptom-free for 4 years. Mother of two. Employed full time. With a difficult personal life too. It can get better and you owe it to yourself to get there. Sending much love.

• Posted

I don't think psychotherapy alone, with your initial condition OR with your recently developed condition can cut it. You need relief. Please demand to be seen by a psychiatrist. You are suffering needlessly.

• Posted

I just keep thinking there's more things they can test for and get frustrated there not. sad do you think they would of found at least something by now? Even if it was serious??

I am under a consultant and CPN but because I'm moving city I'm in a change over at the moment to get a new CPN and hopefully a consultant but you know what the waiting lists are like sad my CPN is putting me in as urgent so see what happens I guess. CPN and consultant are aware of my health anxiety at the moment and have give me Citaptpram because I don't think it will help and scared it will cause more harm physically.

• Posted

Actually it won't harm. It caan only help or not help. About 2 months into good treatment you will start to feel a l,ot better. Even if there is some long-shot underlying condition Citalopram won't 'mask' it or make it worse. Youu can only help your body by treating the anxiety. Since finishing my therapy I am in better shape than ever, because the constant onslaught of anxiety and stress on my system has been taken out of the equation. Since your thyroid is fine and FBC (including liver function?) is clear, it is safe for you to take control of your anxiety responses. I really feel you'll be doing yourself a big favour. I have been where youu are now. And while everyone is different - your symptoms are pretty unmistakable....

and if you are still worried, you can keep going fo rall sorts of tests you can think of WHILE managing your anxiety...win-win. Really. <3

• Posted

I would also ask for a mild anxiolytic for the first few weeks of starting therapy. Ativan or Lorazepam or small dose of alprazolam, to help take the edge off the initial adjustemnt to medication and help your body unwind. This will be followed by a slow taper after a few weeks and by then your treatment with Cit. will begin to kick in. See what they say. xx
    • Posted

I will give the meds a go.

Is it normal to feel full after only eating a lil not and have 0 appetite? This has never happened to me before, always been a very good eater even at my lowest. In fact I used to binge. I'm not obsessed with my weight, I actually want to put weight on. I just constantly feel sick to my stomach and every time I eat I feel full. I really want to eat. So frustrating. I haven't been sick or have diarhea. But constipated. Sorry for tmi. Can anxiety do this?

Thank you for your help and advise I will book an app with my gp next week as she's all I have now whilst I wait for a new consultant and CPN.

• Posted

Anxiety does make your stomach reactive in many ways. The tension makes your digestion slugish, that is, it takes a while from the food to reach your intestines. Over time you could get acid reflux from ensuing constipation. Your digestive process will take a few weeks to regulate. Your apetite will take much longer as your stomach will feel 'too small' to handle normal amounts for a while.

Coincidentally I went through exactly the same thing. I am also thin and wanted to put on weight. Always had a healthy apetite. Love food. After starting treatment it took me more than 3 months to be able to stomach normal serving sizes again - was soooo relieved! smile Constipation withdrew after a few weeks of starting medication.

Take it easy.

And if you do decide to give medication a go - give it an honest go. Takes a while to see proper effects and then takes quite a while to complete therapy. Know you would be in for a while. That is normal. Brain takes a while to restrain, reboot and for us to manage to learn new ways of coping with stress. For moderate to extreme anxiety disorders minimum therapy is about 4 years. Typically so worth it in every way though!

All the best!

• Posted

I have severe anxiety and currently feeling very very nauseous everyday. I've quit my job and lay in bed all day. Currently getting every medical test to find out whether it's from anxiety or something else.

I have zero appetite as well. Right now my stomach is going crazy with hunger but I haven't eaten since Tuesday night (it's Friday morning here in Australia). I've lost a lot of weight.

This is definately an anxiety symptom. Not sure if it can account for this nausea though.

Sending positive vibes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.