Is this an outbreak?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi!

im pretty sure i have type 1 herpes but have never experienced cold sores in my life. I did get an outbreak on my genitals.

I had prettt rough sex from a rando over a week ago. used protection for pentration but we both performed oral for less than a minute unprotected because I felt way too uncomfortable and asked to use a condom. he was super pushy and rough and honestly seemed super against using a condom but i made him use it. !my genitals were so sore and felt bruised honestly. there was no lube involved either.i went to the urgent care clinic because i was scared i had a herpes outbreak.

the doctor could see nothing and told me it was probably the lack of lube

i then had sex again a few days later again no lube and was rough. never gonna go without lube again. . . i feel a lot worse now. it burns and itches and ugh idk if this is just a friction burn or herpes 😕

im so poor and i don't think i can afford to go back the the clinic! so i just wanted to ask for some peace of mind or if it does look the herpes ill figure out how to get some money to go back to the clinic.

thank you so much

imageimageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi guys! an update! i woke up feeling much worse so i went to a clinic. because i have no insurance they didnt send out any labs because i could not afford especially with faulty test results because i used monistat.

the doctor believed i had an outbreak with the telltale signs and especially because i just recently had Strep and my period. so my immune system was down. and the nodes on around my pelvic area felt super sore to the touch.

im starting antivirals today.

• Posted

It looks like herpes. A blood test will confirm if you have HSV1, HSV2, or both.

• Posted

did the antivirals help? and did you ever manage to get tested?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.