Is this an outbreak??

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone, i have never posted on here before but looking to get some advice. in March this year I went to the doctors as after I'd shaved I had a horrible rash down there, the rash was on the top part where you would shave. the doctor told me this was folliculitis and provided me with antibiotics. i asked them if it was herpes to which they laughed and said not to worry it wasn't! i had this rash multiple times since then (around 6) i went back to the doctors to be told again, it was folliculitis. last month I went again as it was really bad, the lady I seen advised me she thought it was herpes and she swabbed the rash and sent it off. After this I was in complete panic and was googling everything I could about herpes. so this is a bit TMI but the rash comes on usually after I shave, I do have it at the moment and I shaved last week, however it usually comes on around 2 days after I shave. it starts off like little clear bumps however it then turns to puss and looks very infected, it lasts around 1-2 weeks and it slowly goes down. After this it leaves the area red and almost scarred for months. i was convinced this was not herpes due to the puss (sorry!) and how it looks infected and doesn't burst open like herpes. however the test did come back as positive for hsv 2. i got a text at 6pm on a Friday so I could not even call to discuss and was absolutely heartbroken. i called a sexual health help line who were very helpful. I explained my symptoms to them about the rash and I advised them it is not painful, more just uncomfortable. I don't have any issues going to the toilet ect. they asked if the first time I ever had the rash If I had a fever etc. however the first time I had it I also had severe tonsillitis and could barely get out of bed! (I'm not having much luck!) they advised that it doesn't sound like herpes and it does sound like folliculitis, but I also do have herpes. so I have no idea If that was an outbreak or not. i am just so confused and I feel like no one has any answers for me. does this sound like a herpes outbreak? I know I have the virus however I need to know If I'm having outbreaks and need medication as this would be the 6th one this year. Would I get an outbreak on the top part when you would shave? I do not have any symptoms underneath or inside. i just feel like I'm being told different things by everyone that I see. I have been prescribed aciclovir yesterdsy so I will see if that helps, I just wondered if anyone else had outbreaks on the top rather than underneath or any information would be a lot of help! thank you! the first image is how it looks at first, second imagine is after week. imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yea thats herpes. i dont know what is wrong wit doctors nowadays not being a le to properly diagnose s**t. sorry to hear u goin thru this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.