is this an STD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, since last year i noticed a couple of bumps on my labia but didnt pay much attention to it, ive only had two partners and we always used protection. i went to get my annual check up and everything was fine, just BV, i went to my annual check up this year and they told me i had BV and gave me oral and a vaginal cream to treat it, i also mentioned to them that since lat years check up i got more bumps and that i noticed one started as a pimple and hurt then it subsided in size, they referred me to a dermatologist and said it was cysts and fat because i used tight clothing. my appt with the derma is in about a week but i feel embarrased with my bf, the gyno said it wasnt an std but didnt exactly said what it was imageimage

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

wats inside them ? any liquid or pus .? do they turn into sores do they go away and come back if so how often

• Posted

how long have they been there

• Posted

at fist into sores, they dont go away and they feel kind of hard. at first i thought it was because i started shaving that area

• Posted

i think they are like your doctor says cysts possibly as an std would not stay there for a year herpes is 2 weeks usually and there not warts and its not syphilis it dosnt look like molluscum either as they have dimples in the middle and appear in crops that come and go so its most probably a benign condition

• Posted

they mabe sebaceous cysts there common on the lips of the vagina

• Posted

what a relief! yeah i mean ive had my gyno check them and she said it wasnt serious but because they make me feel uncomfortable she made me an appointment with the dermatologist. are they treatable?

• Posted

that many bumps looks alarming. get tested for std's including herpes

• Posted

okay cool. i didnt only mention herpes tho. i said she should get tested for all.

• Posted

well julia, idk if you meant youve been getting these bumps since a year or if theyve been there a year but they do look concerning. cysts dont cluster like that nor should they hurt and are typicaly never that small. give it some time ans see how they behave but i definitely think you should talk to a doctor.

• Posted

most of them have been there for more than a year, then last year i felt a bump and it looked like a pimple and hurt then it downsized to that. they do look smaller on the pictures but yeah theyre definitely a lot of them. my gyno touched them and said they were nothing abnormal

• Posted

to tell you the truth, lots of gyno's and such say things dont look like anything and a lot of times they really are. you should just get tested if you ask me. i dont see why not

• Posted

what do you think it might be? im gonna have to go to another gyno then 😕

• Posted

it really looks like herpes to me tbh. but you say these bumps have been there a year im just saying thats what it LOOKS like. theres nothing.. nothing. normal about those bumps nor that many, not the way they are arranged. thats why i say you should get tested for those things anyway.

• Posted

it literally wouldnt hurt to be safe and sure its not something concerning

• Posted

thanks, i searched online and found a pic of some similar but it wasnt herpes, ill check myself though image

• Posted

oh i see. never heard of it. i stand corrected lol. nothing concerning they say?

• Posted

yeah the new gyno said it wasnt std related and referred me to a dermatologist but i have my appointment in a week and i feel anxious

• Posted

its most defo cysts herpes wouldnt stay around for a year good look with your appointment

• Posted

uh .. yeah.. cause i didnt say it for sure was herpes did i? i said get tested for all std's...

• Posted

well that's good that its nothing serious. and yeah i totally feel you. but the std part is out of the way im sure theres nothing to be afraid of. they'll probably prescribe you something like a pill or topical cream and send you home lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.