Is this an std?? Or could it be a yeast infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

very itchy down there and red and the yellow chunky looking discharge.. very scared

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

looks like a yeast infection . go to dollar store or walmart . monistat will clear it

• Posted

It looks like it could be a yeast infection if it gets bad enough it can spread to your anus. Do you notice any redness or soreness there?

• Posted

yes a little bit.. the itchiness and all of a sudden yellow looking discharge has been happening for a month now and im scared to tell my mom something is going on down there because shes very strict and i sont live in the best household so if it turned out to be an std things wouldnt be good for me, but im 16 so i dont have a car or any way to go get tested or see my gynecologest

• Posted

It sounds like a yeast infection you can get them without having sex so you might just be able to tell her and get some medication at the store. I would watch the surrounding areas and make sure it doesn't spread. Did you say that you do have redness, soreness or itchiness in your anus?

• Posted

It could be yeast infection. The color is kinda off white maybe your period is approaching? Don't get to anxious just observe if there's any changes for a couple of days.

• Posted

the yellow discharge has been here for a good few weeks to a month

i looked up what yellow discharge means and they said it coukd be trich..

• Posted

A trich discharge is frothy, thin and has a foul smell. If it is an STD, you have symptoms like painful urination or pain in the lower abdomen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.