Is this an svt

Posted , 4 users are following.

My heart will start racing and pounding for about 10 minutes then stops. It also feels like a rapid tickling sensation in my chest with every beat is this svt or something else.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to see a doctor. We can not diagnose on this site, only offer support and sympathy. Your G.P. will be able to help you. Good luck.
    • Posted

I've just had an 24hr ECG not got results yet but nothing happened while I was wearing it. Just takes so long to get an diagnoses because you need to catch it on an ECG when it's happening to tell what it is. My GP wont even tell me what he thinks it is until I've caught it on a tape. Just need some peace of mind so I can stop worrying so much of what it might be. I keep thinking it's going to be something serious like vt or something like that.

• Posted

Hi Adam7351 , I hope you are feeling better. Could just be tachy heart. VT is really fast and you usually dont feel a pulse at wrist! SVT it could be! Try not to worry~ I know easier said than done!! Maybe you need a linq recorder in you your chest. I had one , it found out I was having pauses. So, I have a pacemaker! Take care~ Mabel Deep Breathes and try to not obsess ( like me ) haha~~
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply and it happened again today only lasted about 5-6 minutes this time. I tried checking my pulse but it was really weak just want to know what it is so I can do something about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.