is this anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I am a 23 year old male. I have anxiety because of an operation. I have been feeling weak, dizzy, fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath any many more symptoms for a while.. About 1 and a half weeks ago I got stung by something on my finger while holding a branch. I'm not sure what stung me but ever since I have been feeling much much worse I can't jog and can't walk for long because I get out of breath to the point that I feel like I'm choking and I'm gonna pass out. I am now constantly dizzy. Today was the worst i ever felt. I was walking around the house then my chest felt tight and I felt shortness of breath like never before. It was like i was dying of a heart attack. Everything was spinning and a bit blurry. I immediately lied down but still was struggling to breath. I was on the verge of calling 911. After about 10 or so min my breathing was a bit better but i couldn't get up because I would feel as if my brain was giving up and I was gonna pass out. I also get these tight feelings in my head and ringing in my ears especially when on the computer. I also they migraines. I feel like my legs have no power and my body just wants to collapse. I am worried that whatever stung me is causing this. I have been to the hospital and doctors office plenty of times . Should I go back or ignore this which will be very hard... Please help I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Definitely make sure that you tell your doctor what you experienced. Make sure that he rules out anything physically wrong!! These symptoms COULD be caused by anxiety but always make sure that you're healthy before you just ignore any symptoms. Best of luck!
    • Posted

Hi ETomko. I went to the doc a week ago and he said its nothing serious. He also said that I must be taking medication for the anxiety because it's not good. He gave me allergex for the sting and vitamins for energy. I haven't taken the allergy medication yet because I don't want to get drowsy because I am already lethargic and weak. Is it too late to start taking the allergy meds
    • Posted

Honestly I don't know about the allergy meds. But as long as your doc says you're fine, try to relax! It's probably just anxiety, which can be made worse by worrying about that sting you got. sad I would definitely talk to a psychiatrist about whether you might need anxiety meds or antidepressants or something like that. But again, as long as your doctor says you're fine, try to relax! Anxiety feels like death but really can't hurt you. Sometimes I have to repeat that to myself over and over when it gets really bad. It definitely sucks, but it is possible to get through it!
    • Posted

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it. You are right. I'm going to try my best.
  • Posted

Most definitely....I too had severe anxiety after an operation...everything you say....I had. Went to docs and hospital because I couldn't believe there was nothing serious going on...convinced a brain tumour. I now know it is Anxiety. I can recommend a book to help you understand what's going on...an if you follow instructions....it does work you can pm me if you want details...not sure if I can post them on here....it is dreadful experience....sorry you feel so bad....but it can go....slow but surely you can get your life back....best wishes
    • Posted

Hi Judith. Thanks for the insight. I know it's cliche to say but its nice to know that I'm not alone. The problem is that I'm just tired of being sick because it's messing up my life. I still have so much to do. I get worse everyday. What is the book you recommend?
  • Posted

Mindfulness-finding peace in a Frantic world...by Mark Williams and Danny Penman....but you must read it thoroughly and do the meditations....I thought it wouldn't be of any help....but please trust me on this....it will help. No quick fix but bit by bit you will get better. Anaesthetic plays havoc with our system...takes a while....I'm still on my journey but more good days than bad. You are not mad...anxiety is making your body feel dreadful and the symptoms are very real....let me know how you get on...thinking of you...
  • Posted

Mind....if you ever feel like you can't go on feeling so awful..you must get the doctor...you maybe should have some medication for while just to get you through the rough time..let's know....
    • Posted

Thank you very much. I'm supposed to be on meds but the doc said if it makes me feel worse I must stop it. I'm not sure if if it's made me worse or if it's just me because this will be my 5th different med that I've tried. I will ask him tmrw whether I should continue it. Did you take anti depressants?

• Posted

I tried Prozac, sertraline an citralopam..Just felt worse...my son who is older than you is on Duloxetine and that has sorted him out...except he darent stop taking them ....I must admit that some days Iwish I could just take a tablet and it would go...I do think you should persevere with the medication and do try the book....I wish you well and do keep In touch...every best wish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.