Is this anxiety and depression???

Posted , 3 users are following.

i everyone,

My name is Ania and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. This is my baby number 3 and this time it's a boy. The girls I have are11 and 6. I wanted to get some advice from woman who maybe go through the same thing. My therapist says that I have a severe anxiety brought on by hormones. But I can't just stop thinking that maybe something else is going in with me mentally. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I think that mu symptoms have been building up for last 3 months but I could manage and they didn't cost me any serious distress. But I feel as everything has been turned upside down on December 31st when I started feeling like I'm going absolutely crazy. From the moment I open my eyes till the moment I close them I feel as my surroundings feel strange and unfamiliar, I recognize everything I just can't relate to it in a familiar way and there is constant dread feeling around me. Once I woke up from nap and could have sworn that nothing around me was real, like a dream or different dimension. It was completely freaking me out and all I could think of was how do I go back to normal and what is wrong with me? I can not stop having racing thoughts about having some mental illness that is just coming out now when I'm pregnant, I'm obsessing I have schizophrenia. I have enormous trouble concentrating, focusing on anything, other than wondering what is the matter with me. I get completely petrified of the thought that there is something wrong. My mind won't stop and I can't snap back to feeling normal. I worry about what happens to my kids if I don't get better and that I won't be able to take care of the baby when he comes. I feel like I'm loosing it and have no control over my mind, like at any point I will stop functioning. I have taken multiple online tests for different mental illnesses to see if I fit any of them. I have a constant mental discomfort with a petrifing feeling of dread. I feel like a zombie in autopilot who just tried to get through. Nothing relaxes me or the things that used to be pleasant to me don't feel same anymore. I can't enjoy my favorite shows or things I used to do cause the feeling of dread makes me just want to close my eyes and stay that way. Sometimes nothing seems really and I wonder if I'm really and if I really exist. Everything becomes a trigger to feel weird and start obsessing. Often times drags or I loose track of time. I am lightheadedness and often my head spins almost like feeling high. I have brief moments of feeling somewhere normal and it doesn't less and shortly I'm back to.misery. I'm having intrusive violent thoughts that I can't stop. Overall I feel like in some sort of trans that I can not snap out of.

All this has taken over my life and I feel very hopeless. Does that sound like depression and anxiety???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I think because the doctor told you you had anxiety you could then be making it seem worse by thinking things, I had a short time of thinking I was going crazy and wondering what would happen, but I didn't go crazy just had the dreaded anxiety!

I think you should go back to your gp and talk things through tell them how you feel and get things sorted before your baby arrives, this should be a very happy time for you! Try and relax as much as you can I know it's hard try some breathing techniques and even adult colouring book it helps you focus on something else for a while!

I hope you get this sorted and I wish you well with your little one! Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you for the response. I have talked to my gp and obgyn and they both think it's hormonally induced anxiety. I just wonder if anyone can relate to any of what I'm going through. Because I don't experience any hallucinations or delusions, they don't think it's anything else. I become more and more hopeless. It's been a nightmare.
    • Posted

I think there's a big possibility that it could your hormones are going crazy there going to make you feel weird, I think the more you believe it's just your hormones the better you will start to feel! Ask for more information about hormonal anxiety but don't search yourself as you see things that are awful (same with any illness/worry you search) you'll be ok! Just keep in touch with your gp! Or speak to your midwife there very helpful! If your not resting that will make it a lot worse, I'm poorly with laryngitis and my anxiety is through the roof I feel awful I can't sleep sad I suppose we just have to be strong for our children!
    • Posted

Hi hon...

What you have written definitely sounds all like anxiety. I have had/have every symptom you spoke about in your post.

Please know that you are not going crazy, unfortunately anxiety can make you feel this way. I also have the worry that I might just stop functioning and not be able to look after my children, thankfully that never happened either.

I also get horrible violent intrusive thought involving my loved ones...it is a horrific thing to go through but through speaking with medical professionals and reading various self help books I have learned that these are just thoughts and nothing more. Everyone gets them...but in a highly anxious state the stick in our minds and we give them importance they do not deserve.

I am still going through recovery, but slowly getting better...you will too x

If you want to pm me to chat you are more than welcome x x x

• Posted

Thank you so much for the kind words! I have been having the worst time ever and that means a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.