Is this anxiety? Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I literally feel like im losing my mind right now.. I finally fell asleep around midnight probably after feeling dizzy with kind of blurry vision, but woke up around 2 am, then couldn't get back to sleep. Finally when I did, my kind was racing, my eyes felt like they couldn't stop moving when my eyes were closed, and I would only be able to fall asleep for maybe 20-50 minutes at a time, then I would wake up again in anxiety. It seemed like as soon as I closed my eyes I started falling asleep and would start dreaming or have weird thoughts, and it happened every time to my knowledge. There was one where I had to wake myself up.. it felt really weird and now I'm awake and I feel so exhausted, my head hurts, and I feel a bit depersonalized. I feel like im still dreaming. I am so uncomfortable.. am I going mad? This has only happened maybe once or twice before but not this bad I don't think.. help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety yes well im this way and doctor says that's what it is sad I know it feels like UV turned insane and like u can't control yourself at all. U on any meds ? It does get better slowly and up and down xx
    • Posted

It's terrible, I hate the feeling. I have Ativan but I try not to take it because it sometimes has a reverse effect on me, which is really weird. Plus I'm recovering from labyrinthitis so it just hurts the healing process. I'm so exhausted but can't sleep, it's terrifying how much and how fast my mind was racing. I'm going to try and just be lazy today until bedtime and hopefully tonight I can sleep.
    • Posted

I'm guessing ur not in the UK because its night time here now. Have u tried ADs? I take sertraline and iv some diazapram but I find it makes me feel low which isnt helpful sad are u restless ? Unable to relax ? Are u feel a inner frustration ?
    • Posted

Yeah pretty much, but at the same time in just want to relax. My vision and head seems so off. It's horrible, no I haven't tried any yet.
    • Posted

Aww I've been through nights like this so many times and completely identify with what your going through with the I'm going insane thing. From looking on this site that fear of going insane is pretty much like a health anxiety. The best thing I can advise is.

to order a book called self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks, she describes our symptoms especially about feeling like going insane, and gives explanation of what's going on and how we can stop it, please do yourself a favour and get this book you might be able to get it from the library,she also does audio cds ,wish you all the best hun x

• Posted

I looked the book up on amazon and it was very decent priced so I bought it. Thank you for the recommendation, I hope it helps.
  • Posted

When I am feeling really bad, the way you describe, I listen to sea sounds, or some sort of natural sounds (I find some good ones on YouTube). 

It might work for you are not. 

I also try yoga poses for stress. 

Or, even speak to someone on the phone, The Samaritans or a friend. 

The good thing is if you think you are going insane chances are you are not. Most insane people think they are fine. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.