Is this anxiety or something more serious? Really worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, I’m so glad I found this site I don’t mean to sound really weird but I am so worried. So for the past 2 weeks I have been having tingling in my hands and feet like pins and needles for about 10-30 seconds and then it goes away and then I had aching arms and legs but this has went away kind of, but today I got a tingling in the left side of my face and I am so worried that this is MS or something a lot worse than just anxiety but I have been worrying so much and when I look on the internet my symptoms all add up to MS not all of them but some and please if someone can help it would be great I hate worrying about this.

Thanks

B

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What I've found is that a google of most symptoms bring up MS.   I got sucked into thinking I had it too, by googling and letting my anxiety run wild.

This is my personal opinion.  If someone is losing their balance, having a problem with their eyes, having parts of their body go numb for a long time, or having a part of the body get real hot....then I might seek a doctor thinking I had MS.  Other than that, it's likely not MS and even it is, it will be too early for tests to show it.   And really, all you can do if it is MS is take awful meds that give bad side effects.  There is not cure; only meds to slow the progression and ease some symptoms.

Call me a cynic, but that's my opinion.

• Posted

Firstly calm down go see your gp explain the symtoms to him you don't say how old you are or whether you are normally healthy but you do sound very anxious take a rest for

A few days and settle down a bit give dr Google a rest too and let the real dr deal with it

Be completely honest with them.

• Posted

Hi fester,

Thank you for this I am 22 years old and yeah I play football and walk to work everyday but I feel when I am walking I’m questioning am I walking ok like I am paying so much attention to it I think about all my symptoms all day but I never get my symptoms all day or everyday I could be spells of like 10 seconds for tingling and muscle pain for a couple of hours just the tingling on left side of my face gave me a scare but I did go to doctors yesterday and he said this is just anxiety but he done no texts and was pretty confident it was anxiety because I’m new to being anxious.

B

• Posted

Sounds like you are trying to hard learn to switch off as relaxe
  • Posted

Hi Brandon,

I am on this site because I did a search of my symptoms and it took me to Ms.Then to this site,where I have learned more from than my doctor's.Turned out I had sjogrens syndrome.I am being tested in a few weeks to rule in/out ms.It all started with numbness in my legs from the waist down.I have a lot of issues but

the numbness was the scariest.Dont settle for what Google says,just go to your Dr. for a diagnosis .Good health to you.

• Posted

Thank you Faye, I called the help line last night for my doctors and they said that this all sounds like anxiety but I know how you feel numbness and tingling is scary and when it happened on my face I panicked but better to be safe than sorry 

Thank you again

Brandon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.