Is this anxiety? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes I feel like my thoughts don't make sense and it stresses me out. I could just be getting on with things and then I realise my head is doing overtime like theres a seperate conversation going on in my brain while i'm trying to concentrate on something (not voices in my head just my own internal voice) and its just going over a lot of rubbish or sometimes stuff I don't even understand what i'm thinking, it's just a random conversation i'm having in my head. It's like my brain never shuts off. I've been taking Sertraline for the past 5 weeks so I dont know if its that thats making it worse.

Also having crazy dreams that flash back throughout the day and really confuse me because theyre so bizarre and some I dont even understand. When i'm really tired in the morning and trying to get back to sleep I zone in and out of dreams but i'm not fully awake and they dont make any sense at all. This has really only got worse since taking Sertraline so i'm not overly worried but it make me feel crazy

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I've so been on sertaline maybe about a week longer than you have. I think the dream flashbacks could have something to do with that, may be a side effect, I have had the same thing as well as vivid dreams. I also tend to over think my thoughts and its stressful. That's all it is though. U may to convince yourself its something else but I was in the same place as you and just like every other time I ended up just fine in the end. Just hang in there

• Posted

Thanks so much for replying! I also really overthink my thoughts, like literally everything, its awful!

I need to remember they are just thoughts and thats it. I hope the Sertraline pays off soon 😦

• Posted

Sertraline does cause all what you are saying, you get worse anxiety before you start getting better, but it did save my life, thank god.

The over thinking, intrusive thoughts vivid dreams might sweats, headaches increased anxiety, your hearing becomes heightened, vision blurry in the morning, it will all go away in a couple of weeks or so.

Good luck xx

• Posted

sertraline will make you feel a bit off before it starts working

• Posted

its been 4/5 weeks now though, i sometimes feel like im getting worse and not better

• Posted

sertraline side effects can be mild for some but notorious for others. you wont start seeing an improvement atleast till 3 to 4 months into the treatment.

patience is the key( i know its easier sais than done). most of these meds will make you feel worse at the start espcially hightened anxiety. its just your body adapting to the medicine

• Posted

Thank you, i really appreciate you're advice! I just feel like there's 1 million conversations and thoughts going on in my head all the time 😦

• Posted

its just the brains response to the anxiety and the meds. dont listen to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.