Is this anxiety plz help

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had another account but it wouldnt let me get on... so i get panic attacks for years now.. when i get them.. i get like a hot flash and then my heart beats out of my chest and i calm down... 6 months ago i got a stress test and echo .. and ekgs... normal... but the past week i get a hot flash but my heart doesnt pound out of mt chest but when i feel the hot flash i check my pulse and it goes fast then slows down.. the goes fast and of course infreak out ... today i went to ER... EKG was normal and so was blood test... my question is ... .. is this normal? with anxiety... im used to having full blown panic attacks but this was different ... is this jjst regular anxiety.. and sometimes it lasts awhile and doesnt calm down... its making me so depressed just thinking... ER nurse said its anxiety but i need reassurance .. and is that just panic attack versus anxiety attack ate they different

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have GAD. My anxiety was used to all day long, never calm down, but not big panic attack. It prevented me to do thing. All I did were deep breath. Yes, I was very depressed.

I am taking Xanax, Duloxetine and Latuda. I am feeling better.

• Posted

so you would get the fast heart rate alot? im not on any meds i usually try the natural way but id get panic attacks every now and then and panicky so ive never just had the racing of heart... without pounding... they gave me the lowest dose of xanax but i never take it .. but now im thinking about it cause this is just bad .. i mean i feel bad .. another ER trip .. had been a long while... so does your heart race and go back to normal and race again... im under alot of stress all the time .. hope you feel better and thats awesome that the meds work

• Posted

Yes, I'm used to have fast heart rate and my chest feel pounding and hurt alot all day. I could not do anything. Every time, I started to do things, I have that anxiety.

Xanax helps alot with anxiety. I am still taking 2 pills per day, 0.25 mg. But, Xanax only lasts for 3 to 4 hours. Before, I took 3 times per day when I was at work.

• Posted

oh wow .. thats so much to deal with but glad you got the right meds for you

• Posted

you can relax Nicole, what you are experiencing is very typical of anxiety. You can get hot flashes, not get hot flashes, have a heart fast rate, it might slow down then speed up etc. it can be all over the map! Anxiety has no rules it just does what it wants to do. However we can learn how to manage it better!

One thing I learned over having this for many many years is that the more you worry about it the worse it gets. Whenever you worry, adrenaline is released which causes your heart rate to speed up, it can cause the hot flashes etc.

Your heart is safe even when it speeds up very fast. so don’t worry about that, plus Your testing was normal which is great.

sounds like you have some issues that are causing you anxiety and stress. Have you ever thought about speaking with a counselor? They see this every day and know how to help and can show you how to manage better. This is difficult to do on your own as I found out. It’s been very helpful for me.

Also, when you are feeling that fast heart rate, jump on YouTube and search for something called stop panic attacks now. Then scroll down to one called don’t panic. It’s in bold black letters. She will guide you through this when you have a fast heart rate or when you are panicking and it really works! Proper breathing during this is the key to managing it.

you tube has some great meditations also for anxiety that completely calm me down. The mind is a powerful thing and it will follow your lead whether it’s positive or negative.

You’re going to be just fine. Think about counseling and listen to the meditations as much as you can! Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.