Is this Anxiety too

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i wondered if this is another anxiety symptom, i have a constant need to swallow and sometimes i can't swallow and then i panic, this is something that has just started in the last few weeks, but i can't sleep with it, can anyone advise?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes that’s a very common symptom of anxiety. it does help to keep busy so that you are not focusing on this and overthinking it. Your body knows when it needs to swallow and it will happen automatically if needed. it’s not something you need to think about. The more you relax your mind the less this will happen. ❤

• Posted

Yes, this is very common. I used to have it and like every other anxiety symptom, once you stop worrying about it, it disappears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.