Is this any sign of hpv or cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i have some brown shadow on my penis skin since 6-7 months ago. I wanted to see if it is dangerous? is that related to hpv or cancer?

thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the picture are not fully clear but it may be penile melanosis (hyperpigmentation). If I'm right, it's harmless.

However, you should have it looked at by a dermatologist just to confirm. Skin changes should be taken seriously and be professionally evaluated even if they are mostly benign.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. I'm uploading another picture. Actually, I met to dermatologist. The first one said it's nothing. The second one said it could be because of HPV and wanted to frieze the skin !! (the is no wart). He didn't want to biopsy them! But I ask him to do that to know its strain if it is HPV. Actually he was so weird. I got them biopsied and I have to wait for 2 weeks. I'm stressed.

• Posted

Your latest pictures are not uploaded yet. I understand your stress. The good news is the first dermatologist said it's fine and the second one will ensure all diagnosis are ruled out. Biopsy tells you everything and ensure you get the right treatment if required. Let's remain positive!

• Posted

hi bro , how are u ?

i think im on same case of you , what about your biopsy ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.