Is this ARS?!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

On December 29 I had protected intercouse and unprotected oral sex which she performed on me.. 7-10 later I started to experience a feeling I have experienced before and that’s testicle pain.. mind you 5-6 days after my sex incident I went and got tested for all stds including hiv.. everything was negative , I know it was to soon for hiv but I tested anyways since it was free.. so a few weeks ago I started to get these headaches that would last all day long on a off for a few weeks.. so I finally went to ER and got my testicles checked and they told me it was epididymist, so they gave me a shot and doxycycline hyclate 100mg to take for 14 days.. the next day I got to work I started to develop aches and pains all over my body.. espically shoulder and arms. My fingers have been stiff and knees have been stiff with pin and needles feeling in hands and elbows.. could this be from the medicine or does this sound like ARS?! Please help I’m terrified. I have a kid and wife sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain man relax a little.

Symptoms may include: skin rash, fever, swollen glands, flu-like symptoms, muscle aches, severe weakness, unusual bruising, or yellowing of your skin or eyes. This reaction may occur several weeks after you began using doxycycline.

• Posted

Based on what you've said before, it seems highly unlikely to be ARS.  You could have another HIV test for your own peace of mind though.

HIV isn't as scary as it once was either btw.  If you google "rather have hiv than diabetes", you'll find an article by a UK doctor saying that he'd be a lot more worried about diabetes as the outcomes are worse.  Most people don't worry about diabetes though, even though it's so much more common.

• Posted

So what do you think is causing these pains in my knees , elbows and hands?? I’m so scared please help! Last time on doxycycline this didn’t happen to me , so that’s why I’m freaking out thinking it’s not meds and ARS
    • Posted

Stress or anxiety sound more likely than ARS.  Get tested for HIV though, and you can stop worrying about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.