Is this asthma?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 3 weeks ago I had the flu. After 10 days it so I felt better and had a week of feeling normal. Then a few days ago started coughing, it hit really bad yo the point I was feeling breathless. Went to docs on Tuesday who sent me to a & e as she was worried about my heart. All tests (bloods, x-ray and ecg) came back normal. No wheezing heard. Diagnosis is asthma. Now Friday and I’m taking inhalers but still can barely walk around without feeling short of breath. How long do brown inhalers take to work? Thanks x 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully only a few days as med needs a chance to start working bear with it  do you have any other symptoms cough tight chest etc?

If your not better after the weekend I’d get in touch with doctor or asthma nurse but if you feel unwell it’s back to a&e and let them check you out good luck hope you soon feel better. N

• Posted

Thank you Nigel, well yesterday I felt fine, almost normal really but this morning woke up coughing and now my chest hurts again and I’ve taken blue inhaler twice today. I’m still coughing a lot and don’t know what triggered it today when I was so well yesterday. I really don’t want to take oral steroids but I fear I may have to. Thanks for replying smile 
    • Posted

Went back to docs today and was given oral steroids - does anyone have experience if these? I’m worried about side effects! Thx
  • Posted

So you have been given oral steroids they are to kickstart your chest to return to some normality if you only have them occasionally I wouldn’t worry about the side effects I have had a lot and no worrying side effects hopefully they will get you back on an even keel 
  • Posted

Asthma is seen common these days due to increased pollution level and if you are getting exposed to pollution very often, there are possibilities that it might get worst. So along with doctor's prescription do take extra care of your health and get an air purifier at your home with 7 layers of filtration technique, UV + Tio2 photo-catalysis oxidation that suppresses growth of micro-organisms, activated carbon filter and negative Ionizer. These are the the must have features in your air purifier. Indian brand like Crusaders air purifier provide all of these, therefore this might be an option. Indoor pollution is often not visible through our naked eyes but it is more harmful than outdoor pollution and due to this people are facing different kind of respiratory problems.

• Posted

Be careful with your inhalers, too much will make you very ill.  Have you checked your home ? Any mould in hidden places, any dust etc ?  Building dust from next door made me move away for 2 weeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.