Is this Balanitis? Not Painful but itchy sometimes. Have used canestan but havent fully disappeared

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is what it looks like after a week of using canestan. It's getting better but it hasn't fully disappeared. What should I do? Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

cant really tell from that angle but when iv had balanitis. it has taken upto 10 days for the spots to disappear. did you take any fluconazole tablet?

• Posted

Thanks for the help! I have not been taking fluconazole tablet just the canesten cream. Does the tablets help? I've noticed the spots are slowly disappearing but noticed some parts of the head of the penis is a bit dry. Is that normal?

• Posted

7/10 days u should use the cream for then stop using and just wash the penis daily with warm water dont apply any soaps when washing down there etc if its a fungal infectection it should clear up within that time

• Posted

7/10 days u should use the cream for then stop using and just wash the penis daily with warm water dont apply any soaps when washing down there etc if its a fungal infectection it should clear up within that time

• Posted

Thanks for all the help! Been applying the cream again and it does help with the itchiness. Here is a clearer picture on how it currently looks like. Just noticed the spots are starting to slowly disappear but also noticed that it gets a bit dry. Is this normal? Should I just wash it down with warm water? Thanks for the help!

imageimage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.