Is this Balanitis?or something more serious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

A Little background info. I recently discovered I have phimosis after my first time having unprotected sex. After i realized i had phimosis, i imidiately started doing penis stretching excercises and it has worked. and with a little patience, i am able to pull the foreskin behind my glans. Before i realized i had phimosis i never really noticed how my penis looked until recently. i'm starting to notice red marks around the head of the penis and around the slit of the penis as well as bruised marks around the slit as well. the bruise i believe maybe because i used to masturbate frequently and my grip may have been a bit firm. i dont have any pain urinating or any discharge that i know of. Theres isnt any major inchiness maybe every once in a while for maybe 2-3 seconds but nothing serious. im just worried on what it could be.

A Visit to the doctor is the last resort as i am not insured and am afraid of not being able to cover the cost. Most of the things i found online that looked similar to what i have is balanitis. should i buy antifungal cream? is there anything i can do to help?

Thank you for your help ahead of time, it really is appreciated.

. image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just to take each of the issues as you mention them:

With the stretching exercises continue doing these so that it becomes easy, or certainly much less problematic to fully expose your glans / head of penis.

I think the remainder of what you say is about learning to be ‘penile skin friendly’ and therefore behaving in a skin kindly manner to your penis.

The first thing you need to de is to ease back on your masturbating: if you have the determination to abstain from masturbation for as long as you can that will kick-start the recovery process of your penile skin. So, a week is starting to show a little determination, 2 weeks is better, but really, to achieve anything at all it needs to be three weeks or more.

I wonder if you use anything, such as a form of lube, or perhaps just because it feels better by applying something like baby oil or lotion, skin cream lotion or moisturiser - or anything else for that matter, when you masturbate?

The essential is, the less that is in contact with your penile skin the better. This certainly includes soap, shower gel and another form of body wash. So, protect the Glans . Head of your penis every time you take a shower by drawing the foreskin as far forward as you can, then wash everywhere else, thoroughly rinse off all the gels / shampoo and suchlike, then expose your glans wash it with the water only using the inside of your hand, then each time you have washed it you must make sure to 100% pat dry immediately afterwards with a clean towel that only you use.

After urination you should wash the penis as often as you can using your fingertips to clean, the essential being that there must be NO MOISTURE remaining after you have done this. If you cannot wash such as if you are away from home, either carry some clean paper tissues or go into a toilet cubicle and use the toilet tissue to remove any trace from around the glans / head and upper-shaft area of your penis. Before you start urinating, draw the foreskin as far away from the tip of your penis as you easily can manage, then urinate - followed by a clean up or wash and fully dry.

You do not mention whether you are sexually active or not, but here is part of one of my guides that deals with condoms, issues of pre-ejaculate and after you have ejaculated: Don't apply anything as a Lube, Baby Oil, Moisturiser or Skin Creams / Lotions to it. If you are sexually active, or when Masturbating, clear away any fluids from the entire surface of the head of your penis as soon as you can. If you use condoms regularly try doing without the need to use them for a few weeks. This really is a critical issue as anything that does not need to be on the sensitive skin of the head / glans of your penis should either be completely avoided or removed as soon as possible - such as the leakage of further ejaculate, which can occur for quite some time after ejaculation.

For this, I bought a pack of towelling face cloths and I keep them ONLY for clearing away fluids both during masturbation and following ejaculation - always check and remove pre and actual ejaculate from the surface, and you may need to do this for 3 or even 4 hours after you have ejaculated, particularly if you are viewing stimulating material of any kind, particularly if you watch web cams on a regular basis. While you may not feel erect, you can still produce quite a bit of pre-ejaculate. Wash the cloths regularly, certainly after 3 or 4 days of usage.

If you have any further questions of uncertainties hit the Reply Button - I do NOT respond to Messaging / Personal Messages …….

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.