Is this bleeding normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had surgery yesterday November 2. Feel really well, except for moderate drainage at naval site. I heard ppl say walk. So I did, maybe to much? The walking help ease the pain but is this drainage normal?

Description: over flowing out of the bandage. Needing to be changed 14 hours after surgery?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiย 

it's the colour that matters . If it's green ... Well greenish .. If it's running out like a cut .. But if it's just a matter of changing your dressing I wouldn't worry . But rest a little more you've got lots of internal stitches and they need to heal ...ring the hospital or doctors ย if u r worried ..peace of mind AIDS healing ..glad it's gone yippee ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

• Posted

It's red and for some reason I'm not very worried. I will rest more tomorrow. I ย just feel better moving about. Thank you for your time. I was put to sleep and took a nap after that now my sleep pattern is off. I have a lot of energy for some reason. Lol
    • Posted

Sounds okย 

moving disperses gas...I felt energetic too a kind of adrenalin relief it's done ...it went ok ..I am free of it etc you'll settle down be prepared to feel exhausted soon .... Just let your body dictate ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

When I had my gallbladder removed at end of April they said to me to keep dressing on for as long as possible, as changing it tends to disturb it and it starts to ooze again. I had district nurse come and change my dressing for me for a few days.

If you are worried contact your surgery but it sounds fine to me.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate hearing from patients that have been through it.๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.