Is this BV??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone! Looking for some second opinions here, when I was with my first boyfriend about 8-9 months into the relationship I was having symptoms of UTI! I was not aware of this at the time but looking back at it now it was for sure a UTI! Me and him were each others first so no Sti/std to be worried of, after we broke up the problem seemed to go, I am not one to go toilet after sex, I did douche a lot with soaps just to feel like I've cleaned down there, I've done loads of research and these are what can cause these problems, now I am with my new boyfriend 2 years later, we are together 9 months and started having sex about 2 months ago, yet again I was not going toilet after sex, douching while cleaning with soaps, I am also constipated sometimes and I heard that can contribute to bacteria down there, not to mention we use condoms and seen the lube on a condom can irritate down there also, I am currently on antibiotics for a chest infection(I have asthma and got the common cold) called pinamox if anyone is curious, I had a 5 day dose of them and I think they have caused more irritation, I have to urinate every every 30-40 minutes but I am drinking loads of water to help flush everything out, but since I have taken these antibiotics I feel a very tiny amount of burning in bladder and when I finally pee it goes, this has only been from the antibiotics! Before this my symptoms were frequent urination, sensation after peeing almost like a climax feeling but would go 5-10 minutes after, this has stopped since the antibiotics as I think all the water has helped I must say I was also very dehydrated and this could have been causing this! Someone help? BV or UTI?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My other symptoms are pressure or fullness in bladder and frequent urination, I also feel little pain in bladder this has been from antibioitics I think!
  • Posted

It sounds like you have a UTI, I recent was told i had a major case of the UTI plus a Yeast infection. My OBGYN also informed me that cleaning your lady parts with douch. That it can Irritate you lady part, because the douch is like a soup and when we clean with it, our body is trying to figure out why, because our Lady parts is a self clean, where it flushes out the bad bacteria, which leaves the good bacteria that cleans the inside by its own self. So when douching our body is just trying to react. But it sounds like you have a case the UTI.
    • Posted

Yes have all the symptoms of one, getting cranberry juice later and talk to a pharmacist about some medicine
    • Posted

By a major case did it go to your kidneys? Yes due period in 1/2 days and ph levels could be off for me too aswel as taken those antibiotics
    • Posted

Heard there very painful, will go doctors soon if it doesn't clear up, I have a medicine for cystitis to help and drinking loads of water

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.