Is this cardiac?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Symptoms:

*left to middle achey chest pain with activity (right where the hand would go to pledge allegiance to the flag and to the middle) - intensity changes with movement of arms or torso and eating (oddly enough)...which i don't notice until i'm at rest

*Noticed a little pain yesterday in my back in the same area as the front- pain is not increased when intensity of activity increases- in other words, running or walking ...pain is the same - actually...pain went away on a brisk walk last week

*Soreness that lasts for an hour or more at rest, bit goes away when laying in bed at night...with the exception of some discomfort when rolling over in bed

*tenderness when I press on sternum and mid chest ...the acheyness lingers after I have pressed on it

*Difficulty getting to the top of a deep breath ...feels tight...especially with activity

*Occasional left breast pain

when i do get to the top of my breath ...there are popping feelings in my ribs...front and back

there is a slight increase in pain with deep breaths, but that is not constant and its definitely not excruciating by any means

*i have lots of belching, throat/chest burning, and gas...but i have GERD, so i think thats separate.

Tests:

ECG-normal

chest x-ray- normal

cardiac enzymes-normal

Can anyone shed light on whether this sounds like cardiac or something else? Ive been looking at other possibilities like costochondritis, as well. Hoping to have a stress test next week to continue ruling out cardiac issues.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry that you have not had a reply. I can see its been 5 weeks and was wondering how you're getting on?

I usually frequent the Anxiety forums but I found your thread as my recent experiences are similar to yours.

I'm glad that your ECG, chest xray and cardiac enzymes are all normal. This has been the case for me too... I've had 6 ECG tests, blood pressure checked numerous times, blood sugar checked also, I've had a cardiac enzyme test and also had a Full Blood Count too. Everything showed that I was "at no risk" of a cardiac event. In fact, I appear to have great results, ruling out other things like diabetes and high cholesterol.

If I'm honest, I am now accepting that my chest discomfort is not cardiac related. Having both ECG and Cardiac Enzyme Test carried out, there's very little probability I have a heart issue. My Dr won't even entertain stress tests right now.

Also, my issues have been happening for over a month now. Any minuit damage to the heart would've been picked up on. Also, typically a month of these issues is typically too long to be cardiac related- so my doctor, the phlebotomist who took my blood, the A&E doctor who done my enzyme test and the paramedics who visited my home all told me.

Another similarity between my experience and yours is one thing my doctor told me... "it could be costochondritis." and after making some dietary changes, eating better, drinking plenty of water, exercise and relaxation techniques - I've noticed it has improved. I hope yours have improved too!

It can be scary going through this and it's good to talk to people in similar situations. I'm at peace with the idea that my chest discomfort is not cardiac - but if it gets worse, I will be going to A&E again to be safe. I'm sure, by the sound of your tests so far, that your stress test will also show your chest issues aren't cardiac.

Whatever the case, I just want to let you know that you are not alone. Also, you'd have mostly likely been diagnosed already by now, so please, do not panic yourself. Take some steps to improve your dietary health and physical fitness.

Please, if this reply finds you, update me on how you are now!

Best wishes,

Stephen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.