Is this celiac ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the past 7 months I have been having pretty bad abdominal cramps. Usually on the left side. I'm fresh out of university so I experimented with drinking, drugs and all that and my body hit a limit. I had a scary arrhythmia but it hasn't came back since I've stopped all of that. I thought I had a problem with my heart. However I never get center chest pain only shotting pains in my left arm pit area. I'm 23 and a type 1 diabetic and lately whenever I eat breads or pasta I get a severe reaction. Here are the symptoms:

• Severe abdominal pain mostly left side

• Intense stomach spasms (pulsating feeling in stomach)

• Sharp shooting pain in left arm pit

• Sharp pains in both shoulders

• Breathlessness

• Heart palpitations & Increased heart rate

• Severe mid right back pain

• Finger and toe pain

• Heartburn

• Gross burps and regurgitation

I tried going strictly gluten and put gluten toast in our normal toaster and had a severe reaction again.

Do you think this is celiac disease ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi jac, you have such a range of symptoms it's hard to initially know what you have. apart from the heart symptoms like the breathlessness you also have back pain and joint pain. the only way to know for sure if this is coeliac disease is blood tests at your doctors and if they come back positive a camera with biopsies. these WILL tell you if you are a coeliac. as for the toaster get a new one and try again with the toast, it may be possible you need it but you won't know until you speak to your doctor, it may just be ibs! i wish you luck.

• Posted

Hey, thanks for the reply! When I say breathlessness it's only after an episode like I'm usually not out of breath. Even in intense cardio I'm not out of breath it's just when I have an episode. Today, I got some really bad upper left back pain that lasted about 30 minutes and then had diarrhea for like 15 minutes and felt better. I really dont know what's going on. It's weird. This could still all be an affect from eating a heavy gluten meal 2 days ago I guess. I'm never nauseous either or get a fever. Truly baffling me. Anyways cheers mate!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.