Is this celiac or just an intolerance?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had my bloods done to test for celiac but they came back negative. I wasnt eating gluten every single day, i just thought it had to be in your diet so im no scared incase it was invalid. I have every symptom of celiac. If i eat something with gluten, i get a very uncomfortable high heart rate, this can last for hours. I get stomach pain which is mild most of the time. I get mouth ulcers a lot. I am not sure if this is a symptom but i get all achy, that way like your going to get the cold or something and feel very tired. I am also sore to touch, again i dont know if this is a symptom but when touching my legs/arms and back etc its as if im all bruised but nothing there. I've stopped eating gluten for the past two weeks and feeling somewhat better. Still have some symptoms but not expecting a miraculous recovery instantly. Sorry for the long post but can someone help me out? I am a young mum with 3 kids and feel like this is taking over my life now!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hi Meghan, your symptoms are typical of coeliac disease! i read a post about someone who had problems with mouth ulcers literally within the last couple of weeks. don't put ANY gluten in your diet, contact coeliac UK and ask to speak to someone about this. look to see of there is a symptom checker on there, you'll find coeliac UK's number online, Google it! explain honestly what you did before you were tested with your doctor, tell them everything. the symptoms in your check could be panic attacks? go back to your doctor's and write down everything that is going on daily. good luck, not funny with 3 kids! 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.