Is this CFS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

For the last 7-8 months i've been experiencing chronic mental fatigue (not physical) that isn't relieved by sleep - i'll always wake up feeling as if i've had loads of sleeping tablets the night before/had minimum sleep. It's not completely debilitating, however, it does reduce my quality of life and is incredibly frustrating. I was just wondering if this could be CFS given I don't seem to experience physical fatigue? Some other symptoms include dry and red eyes (very blood shot upon waking) and also increased incidence of headaches.

Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sleep deprivation is so debilitating. it seems to be a major symptom and one I'm working on too. it's been 4 years with perhaps 10 days of 8 hours sleep so it's a huge problem and can stuff up your thinking.

ease

I hope u can get some sleep as quite honestly it drives you nuts.

having said that it would be a very good idea to get that checked. put just to ease your mind .

take care of yourself..xxx

jane

• Posted

Not a doc.

This could be CFS, but there are other conditions that could cause sleeping problems too. I would go and see your GP, describe you symptoms and take it from there, they will probably want to do blood tests and maybe ask you to fill in a sleep questionnaire.

E.g. it could be sleep apnea or something else entirely. I have sleep apnea and it is very treatable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.