is this chiari malformation ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Male 49 and have been suffering from severe headaches at the lower back of my head. These headaches trigger when I cough and the pain starts and remains there. Am taking 2 x solpadeine to subside the pain sometimes 6 a day. Did CT Scan 2 months ago but it came normal. Have an MRI booked for next Thursday. Other symptoms I have are tachycardia, sleep apnea, hypertension.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention that for the past 3 weeks have been having hissing in my ears
  • Posted

There is such a thing my neurologist and neurosurgeon from yes ago said is a chiari zero. Where you have all the symptoms and problems of chiari but no low lying cerbelar tonsils.. Most drs won't agree with this.. But research it. It's proven.

I hope you get the help you need

Be blessed

• Posted

just got MRI result and it came normal too :S 

I don`t know what to do else. My headaches keeps persisting each and every day besides the pain in my spinal neck.

• Posted

Get ur Neuro to schedule a Cine MRI. It takes a video and shows CSF blockage better than an MRI.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.