Is this chronic prostatits?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm posting hoping that someone here may have gone through something similar and can give some advice / direction.

This may or may not be prostatis but at this point I am fairly sure it is even though no diagnosis.

Anyway about 5 years ago I started noticing gradual discomfort & pain and other changes during ejaculation. I have always been a sexual person and masturbated frequently (6-7 times a week although less now) in addition to regular sex with a partner. One thing I know I did which may not have been good for the prostate was edging. I noticed that once the pain/discomfort started I also could not edge as long or hardly at all sometimes. The pleasurable part of masturbation/sex started to be hindered more by the pain in my pelvis/testicles the closer I got to ejaculation. It literally felt like something was 'blocking' my prostate / PC muscles from contracting normally in addition to pain stretching from inside my anus to my right testicle.

During first couple years the pain was only felt during sex and mostly leading up to/after ejaculation. However, in the last 2-3 years the pain / discomfort has now expanded in varying degrees to pretty much all day every day.

About 3 years ago I decide to go into my GP, got an ultrasound of my testicles and was referred to a urologist. Based on the ultrasound and physical exam he decided that I had a varicocele in my right testicle which was the source of the pain (I had my doubts). Months go by and eventually I get in to have variocele embolization. During the procedure the surgeon pokes around for a while and decides that they can't find a varicocele in any of the larger sacs of veins and states he doesn't believe it to be the source of my pain. So nothing is done (2 years to go from ultrasound -> urologist -> ultrasound -> embolization.. sigh).

Back to two different urologists I go, one focuses on the mystical varicocele and offers more invasive surgery which is risky and I decline. The other diagnoses it as Epididymitis. This actually makes some sort of sense and I go and get tested for STIs which are a common cause. STI test comes back negative. They throw me on antibiotics for two weeks regardless which end up having zero effect.

Back I go to the GP and again another ultrasound which turns up nothing significant. During this time I also have my prostate checked (standard physical) and it seems normal.

After all this (several years now) I'm again in the same boat and the pain is now worse than ever on some days. Some days it's not too bad at all, not even noticeable.

I've tried going weeks without sex/masturbating and also tried masturbating more frequent than normal just to see if either end of the spectrum would help, but it didnt.

I do work at a desk job and am frequently sitting for 3-4 hours at a time. However i do play hockey/tennis frequently and get a reasonable amount of exercise. Could it simply be the sitting every day for long periods? Is it an infection i've had for this long that the antibiotics didn't kill? Could it be chlamydia/gonnorrea that somehow survived through two negative STI tests (epididymitis)?


0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

  • Posted

    I just saw your post  Sorry for the trouble your having.  My urologist tells me all me when they get older have some form of prostatitis.  He say that it is very had to help a man because there are so many meds and diffrent meds work on diffrent men.  I still think you may have a prostate infection.  I had one in December of 2015 and when I had a orgasm it hurt like hell.  I was on ciprofloxacin 1000 mg for a month  That took it away.  It was great for awhile.  Just e-mail my doctor a few minutes ago.  I may have another infection.  It seam like I can't hold the orgasm back like I use to.  Have notice it the last few time.  It may be age  I'm 61.  Getting back to you.  Prostate milking and masturbation is suppose to help prostatitis.   I have a friend that is 32 and that is what his doctor told him and is starting to do.  You may have to go to another doctor for a fresh view on things.  But be careful that they don't tell you to have you prostate out.  Stay away from them.  Take care and I hope you find some relief   Ken 

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Sorry to hear of your plight. I don't know if you can afford it or not, but a 3T MRI is the only surefire way to establish if there is something nasty behind the symptoms you describe.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Not reading some details because you didn't do it or forgot to mention:

    1 - Did you have a Digital Rectal Exam DRE?

    2 - Did you have a TRUS on your prostate?

    These two procedures would indicate an enlarged prostate condition. You can read my previous posts on searching for pelvic exercises.

    Poor health / posture or Prostatitis for some, can create havoc on their pelvic region.


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Self-help, no I have not had either of those done. I will ask my GP if they may help.

      To update, the pain has now spread from my right testicle horizontally across the pevlic area into my right upper thigh/right hip area all the way to the outside of my thigh/leg. The leg/hip pain comes and goes but is amplified by crossing my right leg and sitting in some positions where weight is put on my right side. I have to sit at a slant/angle with more weight on my left side to avoid causing pain.

      After another visit to the GP he thinks it could be an inguinal hernia and has ordered an ultrasound. I doubt that's what it is since I can't press anywhere on my body to make it hurt, but i guess another ultrasound couldn't hurt.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up